• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I'm going against the wife's wishes and buying myself a new pistol for my birthday (Happy Birthday ME!).
    Problem is I can't decide what caliber to buy OR which maker...
    I'm drawn to a Rock Island double stack compact 45acp as I used to have one and it was a very nice weapon for the money (or instead of the money really).
    I know it's not the best pistol, and that a 40 would probably be a better choice AND that the large amount of 9mm ammunition I have in the closet should drive me towards another 9, but keep thinking about that cheapo 45...

When I was in the throes of my double stack 45 era I finally decided on a Springfield Armory XD(M) with the 5.25" barrel.

A few years down the road I'm glad I made that choice. Mags are less expensive, it was easy to mount an optic on it, a Powder River Precision Extreme trigger kit gave it an awesome trigger that everyone who shoots it comments on.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yea the 10mm is only 6 and change. That’s about the top I’d pay for an RI. That said, Kimber seems to have a bad reputation for their price point. A colt combat elite was my first 1911. Shoulda never sold it. Rosewood grips, black slide, stainless frame. If I see another one of those for a decent price I’ll sell my wife for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Can she cook?

Top Bottom