• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rotekk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    dickinson
    Hey guys what's up! I just picked up a marlin xl7 30-06 and decked it out. turns out i'm not the only one as this appears to be a very popular rifle. I hope I made a good choice. Too bad I don't get to go to the range till Saturday.

Anyway so heres the component list:
    Rifle : Marlin 30-06 $260.00
    Scope : Bushnell Scope-Chief 3-9x50 $38.99
    Sling : Winchester Razor Sling $8.99
    Bi-Pod : Winchester Bi-Pod $39.00
    Stock Sock : 7.99

I just wanted a good versatile rig as I'm just getting into rifling and plan on going hunting at the end of the year with a friend. tactical.jpg

Hope y'all like it . I'll post back Saturday an.d let you all know how well I did and how well the rifle made me look not so new lol .

Stay Safe Y'all
    Josh

P.S. Y'all bettter believe that bipod will be coming off when I have to go hunting lol
    Gun Zone Deals

rotekk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    dickinson
    it makes the gun very front end heavy and even pulling the rifle into my shoulder with the sling it's a tad hard to keep it stabilized. I should prob just work out more lol. Now if I knew i'd be set up in a stand somewhere maybe id keep it im just thinkin there is not alot of convenient places to set up in the woods

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    I have the .270 and love it!

Shoots fantastic, balances very well and feels great.

the trigger is just awesome!... wish i could get a similar trigger in my AR

I love the price point of it too because it doesn't scare me to really use it... if i scratch it or ding it, im not going to cry about it. Also for the price, i don't mind throwing some paint on there myself. If i screw the paint up, a new stock is $35 from Marlin.

JOe

rotekk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    dickinson
    just shot 40 rounds through it and got it adjusted and I was shooting 2-3 inch groups which is awesome considering it has been over 10 years since I last fired a rifle. I enjoyed this rifle. I did have a hiccup where the cartridge failed to eject somehow it got jammed in the barrel but after recycling the bolt it came loose and ejected didnt have any problems after that though. All in all a good buy.

Top Bottom