• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Dubna, Russia
    Today russian prime-minister Vladimir Putin has visited Izhevsk firearms plant.

(c)lenta.ru

The Ministry of Internal Affairs and Federal Service of Security begin to purchase new
    sub-mashine gun Kalashnikov 200-series. Ministry of Defense still not decided about
    the purchase. Said Sergey Ivanov - russian vice-premier.

Director of the manufacturer "Izhevskii Mashinosstroitel'nyi zavod" Vladimir Gorodeckii
    claimed that government commission will test the new Kalashnikov in 2011 year.

There is not much info known about that new Kalashnikov gun.
    His design is derived from AK-74M and differs in enlarged weight 3.8 kg (vs. 3.3 kg).
    The weight increase is due to a holder of additional equipment -
    sights, lite, laser sights etc. Besides, it will be supplied with enlarged ammo horn,
    50 and 60 ammo-pieces in one horn.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Dubna, Russia
    one of latest modifications

In the pic. is russian president Dmitry Medvedev with the gun similar to AK-200
    with 50-round horn attached (by my opinion).

Attachments

• ak200..jpg
      ak200..jpg
      37.4 KB · Views: 121

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Magazine = Horn = Why the Mexicans call an AK "Cuerno" (horn, like a mountain sheeps). Prounounced kwer-noh.....Press 10 for Spanish, I am a gringo, 100%

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Dubna, Russia
    Magazine = Horn = Why the Mexicans call an AK "Cuerno" (horn, like a mountain sheeps). Prounounced kwer-noh.....Press 10 for Spanish, I am a gringo, 100%

russian word for ammo magazine spells like "rozhok", which means several translations: horn, bugle, bottle, shoehorn, clarion, cornicle, nursing bottle

the same thing is also rarely named in russian "magazin", but this word means here much often: shop (where they purchase vodka etc.)

so I've translated from a vocabulary and took the first option, sorry

I don't even know what means: "bugle, clarion, cornicle" (just copy and paste this)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    AMD style muzzle break seems odd, and it looks like a 40rd mag. Interesting though.

It does look like a 40 round mag, if it's 7.62mm. That brake looks more like a Miculek design to me, but it's similar to the AMD...

russian word for ammo magazine spells like "rozhok", which means several translations: horn, bugle, bottle, shoehorn, clarion, cornicle, nursing bottle

the same thing is also rarely named in russian "magazin", but this word means here much often: shop (where they purchase vodka etc.)

so I've translated from a vocabulary and took the first option, sorry

I don't even know what means: "bugle, clarion, cornicle" (just copy and paste this)

A bugle is what was traditionally used for signaling in the 19th century. It's kind of like a trumpet. If you've ever seen a Western with cavalry in it, the bugle is the horn they play for signaling.

A clarion is a trumpet from the middle-ages.

I have no idea what a cornicle is...

pigdave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Fort Worth
    In the pic. is russian president Dmitry Medvedev with the gun similar to AK-200
    with 50-round horn attached (by my opinion).

The rifle that Medvedev is holding was in a recent "Guns and Ammo: Complete Book of AK" compilation magazine. I don't remember the name of it but the magazine writer wrote about it like it's supposed to be the next generation of AK. Then they showed an illustration of the inner workings of this "rifle of the future" and I had a real good laugh. It operates on some type of ridiculous gas piston/ PULLEY system. yeah, that's right, a pulley system. Mikhail Kalashnikov probably busted a hernia laughing so hard at the design. It was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The rifle that Medvedev is holding was in a recent "Guns and Ammo: Complete Book of AK" compilation magazine. I don't remember the name of it but the magazine writer wrote about it like it's supposed to be the next generation of AK. Then they showed an illustration of the inner workings of this "rifle of the future" and I had a real good laugh. It operates on some type of ridiculous gas piston/ PULLEY system. yeah, that's right, a pulley system. Mikhail Kalashnikov probably busted a hernia laughing so hard at the design. It was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

You're thinking of the AN-94: Modern Firearms - Nikonov AN-94 "Abakan" assault rifle

The AK-200 is just an AK-74 with rails and a stock kit slapped on it. Anybody else notice the cheap iTac flashlight grip on it? Looks like someone threw the crapco catalog at it.

...and yet... with all the "improvements", they still haven't fixed the biggest problems with the AK! The sights suck, the trigger isn't good (though it could and should be, since it's based on the Garand) and the selector lever design has been fixed in the US aftermarket, and by other countries in different ways (like the Galil), but the Soviets still demand that operators take their firing hand off the rifle to move the lever! Oh, and it could use a bolt hold-open, which would be less of a big deal if they'd put the charging handle on the left side of the rifle where it belongs. And I'm not a big fan of the way the magazine works. I mean, if we're going to go redesigning stuff, could we ditch the stupid paddle and rock-in magazine insert?

I love my AK and it's possibly the first rifle I'd grab if the SHTF (though I've improved the sights and trigger, and put a redesigned selector lever on it, thus making it worth picking up), but man that platform needs some real improvements. Not some shitty third-tier airsoft-quality parts thrown at it.

Top Bottom