Texas SOT

New Jersey Attorney General’s Office Weighs in on Reciprocity...for driver licenses with South Korea (snark)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DougC

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2021
    Texas
    From the Bearing Arms blog

Today, during the Choose New Jersey governor-led East Asia economic mission, [officials from the state of New Jersey] and the Republic of Korea announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission (NJMVC) and the National Police Agency of the Republic of Korea (NPA) concerning the reciprocal issuance of driver’s licenses.

It’s very difficult for me to accept that the state of New Jersey and Governor Phil Murphy thought it was so important to ensure we can get driver’s licenses in South Korea but a permit to carry holder from Pennsylvania has a permit that’s not valid in the Garden State. If Murphy was so interested in attaining the goal “to make life simpler for all of our residents,” he’d order the attorney general to enter into reciprocal agreements with every state in the Union.

Reciprocity and national reciprocity is the next logical step for carry since NYSRPA. The arguments the anti-gunners used back in 2017 are now very moot. The carrying of arms outside the home IS a civil liberty and as such, every state, jurisdiction, and political hack needs to respect that. I’m not holding my breath on the Murph entering into reciprocity agreements, but I bet a case – perhaps one out of Massachusetts – is coming down the line on paving the way for the states to be forced into respecting this right. It’s only a matter of time.
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• download.jpg
      download.jpg
      7.9 KB · Views: 17
    • download (1).jpg
      download (1).jpg
      8.9 KB · Views: 17
    • download (2).jpg
      download (2).jpg
      10.4 KB · Views: 17
    Top Bottom