• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheSinfulSaint

TheSinfulSaint
    Feb 18, 2014
    McKinney
    Came across this in another forum. S&W has this "SMU/BUNDLE SERIES" heavy duty 357, kind of retro look. The price is way up there and if it was more "normal", I would be looking into this.

Anyone has or handled one of these?

Heavy Duty N-Frame 357 Magnum Revolver

1711982379470.png

1711982463056.png
    Lynx Defense

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Styled like the .357's precursor, the .38-44 Heavy Duty. They were shooting modern pressure .357 loads out of those guns, in the guise of hot .38 loads. Many were rechambered to .357 by their owners, and continued on to this very day. Nice looking gun, but rather spendy.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Really it's just a remake of the Model 520. S&W has figured out they can remake the less common variations from the past and sell enough to make money. Bet there's just one run of them.
    If so, I 'm crossing my fingers for the 296, the 547, the 12, ... ;)

Txhighlander

Truth against the world
    Lifetime Member
    Jan 25, 2021
    Atlanta Tx.
    Really it's just a remake of the Model 520. S&W has figured out they can remake the less common variations from the past and sell enough to make money. Bet there's just one run of them.
    Upon further research there was an order for a 1000 model 20's in 357 slated for the Pennsylvania State police. The 520 is a pencil barrel service sighted 28 if research serves. The 20 is the next evolution of the 38-44 heavy duty. I have 520 and she is a beaut. The new model 20 Hillary hole+ mim parts= negatory ghost rider. Your milage may vary.

Top Bottom