• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Meister

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2014
    Howdy, I'm a gun owning, hunting and fishing, social liberal and Texan for 47 years of my 60 years. I believe in the Second Amendment as a function of personal protection and to guard against the violent takeover of our republican democracy as defined by the U.S. Constitution. No lawful, adult U.S. citizen should be prevented from ownership of a firearm (in common and general use) for personal protection. Social reality necessitates restrictions on what types of weapons can be owned by private individuals. I don't believe most people would advocate for private ownership of Stinger anti-aircraft missiles or M-1 Abrams tanks. Admittedly, those two weapon systems would be useful against a military coup or dictator bent on takeover of the U.S. I just don't want some mentally unstable dude full of petty resentments to have access to them. Time to give my soapbox a break and concentrate on all the things Americans have in common rather than our often overblown differences.
    Venture Surplus ad

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Howdy, I'm a gun owning, hunting and fishing, social liberal and Texan for 47 years of my 60 years. I believe in the Second Amendment as a function of personal protection and to guard against the violent takeover of our republican democracy as defined by the U.S. Constitution. No lawful, adult U.S. citizen should be prevented from ownership of a firearm (in common and general use) for personal protection. Social reality necessitates restrictions on what types of weapons can be owned by private individuals. I don't believe most people would advocate for private ownership of Stinger anti-aircraft missiles or M-1 Abrams tanks. Admittedly, those two weapon systems would be useful against a military coup or dictator bent on takeover of the U.S. I just don't want some mentally unstable dude full of petty resentments to have access to them. Time to give my soapbox a break and concentrate on all the things Americans have in common rather than our often overblown differences.

Don't hang around a lot of libertarians? Remember some of the founders owned FRIGATES and cannons. The equivalent of modern day cruisers and artillery,

Welcome!

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    When you walk in the gun forum and say, "I support the 2nd Amendment, but..."
    Don't be surprised when people reply, "Welcome to the forum, but..."

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Wrong

Top Bottom