• Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I thought I would go ahead and give a detailed review of my Beretta U22 Neos. It is the 4.5” model and I paid $229 at academy. My first impression was pretty sad. Multiple fail to fires per magazine and possibility of setting off the round in a partially open breach while clearing. It was returned to Beretta and took about 4 weeks round trip.

Now that I have it back and have put it through a good break in I figure I can give a fair review. As far as comfort it isn’t too bad, the grip feels a little small for my hands and the angle took a little getting used to. The only real ergonomic problem I have is with the safety, I can’t switch between safe and fire without completely changing my grip and when holding a firing grip with the safety on it digs in between my thumb and trigger finger. Not horrible, but a little uncomfortable.

Most know about the mag release mounted in front of the trigger which I got used to pretty quick and actually like it, plus the mag falls free when it is pressed.

As for the sights, not great for me, the front sight seems too wide. The rear sight is adjustable and has a good click feel when adjusting. It’s adjusted using a flat tip screw driver and one is supplied with it which works pretty good. It also has the full length weaver style rail which I’ve recently mounted an EoTech on. It’s nice to be able to mount almost any site with not modifications.

I didn’t have high hopes for reliability after having to return it but I have been pleasantly surprised. After 1100 Rnds of WWB a 1-2 hundred rounds of Fed bulk, and a few other mixed rounds I had lying around and absolutely no cleaning oiling or maintenance I have had 0 malfunctions. I think I will start having fail to feeds soon, I noticed today it was having a little trouble chambering the first round but it hasn’t gotten stuck yet so I’m gonna see how far she will go. I had heard about extraction problems after they get dirty but I haven’t had any yet.

The trigger on mine is not all that great, it has a very gritty feel which I’m sure some polishing would take care of but I haven’t messed with it. A slow squeeze gives a gritty slide, a catch, another gritty slide, then fires. I don’t notice it too much when shooting for fun but when I tried to really tighten up my groups it was very aggravating. Cleaning it may help some too. It also has a pretty long reset.

Won’t judge the accuracy due to reasons stated above.

The magazines seem well built, only plastic on the base and flush with the grip when loaded. I accidently squatted down on them several times while carrying them in my back pocket with no damage.

Overall it is a pretty descent gun. It is not a Ruger or a Browning but it is also almost $100 less. A good value in my opinion.

The Good: reliable, weaver rail is nice

The Eh: Grip kinda small, especially for someone with large hands, safety location, front sight

The Bad: Trigger pull and reset

Hope someone finds this review helpful. I think it would work well for teaching newbies or for anyone looking for a cheap gun to plink with, I have been having a lot of fun with mine.

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    I bought one for my daughter last year. She barely shoots it. I think I have sot it more than she has even though it has the pink grips. I have around 5 to 600 rounds thru it with CCI stingers and have never had a problem with it. It's a great cheap plinker.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Just cleaned it and polished the ''ledge'' on the firing pin to smooth out the trigger, feels better, gonna see how it does tomorrow.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    anibal79
    Top Bottom