• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lbbf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    Lake Jackson
    I've only had one and that is all I need. I took my neighbor to the range one day and he was pushing the gun forward every time he fired. It was like he was trying to stab the target with the end of the barrel. I tried to tell him what he was doing and he didn't seem to get it, so I showed him. Second stabbing motion and boom. I had removed the mag but still had one in the chamber. Wasn't a great shot but I did keep it on paper. Now if I unload and check, put the gun down, I will still check again when I pick it up. I know as far as nd goes it was minor but it made an impression on me.
    Military Camp

BillFairbanks

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    I took a friend to an indoor range. A wasp landed on his arm while he was shooting. He instinctively swatted at it with the gun in his hand. Luckily the gun was still pointed down range when it discharged. He was done shooting after that.

I dropped my gun once while trying to holster it. Thankfully it didn’t discharge as I watched the barrel sweep me in what appeared to be slow motion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Sure I've had one, about 47 years ago. About a half dozen of us teens were out shooting cottontails at night in Panaca, Nev. A few of us were standing in a circle talking and I checked my .22 auto handgun (can't remember which brand), saw that the magazine was empty and forgot to check the chamber. I no sooner told my friends that my gun was empty, and for some reason pulled the trigger, and it went off missing one of my friends' big toe by about 1/2". They wouldn't let me shoot anymore that night, go figure?

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    I had one about 8 years ago. I was getting my 10/22 out of the closet. I was working the bolt catch /bolt release seeing if I needed an upgrade. No magazine was in. I put in an empty mag from safe. I store them separate. I must have released and closed the bolt then opened then bolt at least 10 times. Finally when I was finished I pulled the trigger and bang through the closet drywall into the foyer drywall. I was the only one home so I patched it up. what is odd I always have the habit of checking the chamber. At least I thought I did. now I make doubly sure.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Over familiarity and losing that respect will tend to make one predisposed to a ND.

The second you think it cant happen to you starts you down the road to it happening to you. If you dont loose that respect and follow the rules you're probably ok except for a broken part or something.

How do I know? Dove hunting with a friend who had a nice old SxS shotgun. It started shooting both barrels every time with one pull. He kept using it till he reloaded and upon closing the action both barrels went off. I lost a hat....yep an inch from losing my head...and he broke his nose and needed a skin graft to replace the skin the vent rib ripped off his nose and cheek.

You gotta follow the rules cause shit happens. Sometimes it really is a broken gun. People die when you break the rules.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Over familiarity and losing that respect will tend to make one predisposed to a ND.

The second you think it cant happen to you starts you down the road to it happening to you. If you dont loose that respect and follow the rules you're probably ok except for a broken part or something.

How do I know? Dove hunting with a friend who had a nice old SxS shotgun. It started shooting both barrels every time with one pull. He kept using it till he reloaded and upon closing the action both barrels went off. I lost a hat....yep an inch from losing my head...and he broke his nose and needed a skin graft to replace the skin the vent rib ripped off his nose and cheek.

You gotta follow the rules cause shit happens. Sometimes it really is a broken gun. People die when you break the rules.
    What an example...damn. Barrels not pointed at anything you don’t intend to kill, be it on purpose or not.

Top Bottom