• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlm195650

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2024
    Bandera, TX
    Again, to make a long story as short as possible, I just had to have 3500.00 dollars put into my 2010 Chevrolet Suburban. Brakes, tie rods, struts, the whole front end of it. Supposedly during test drive the truck stopped...period. Seems the transmission cooler blew and now water and flid all over the place. I owe a little less then 5000 on the thing, Buy Here, Pay Here and it was like 9000 give or take. Now it is gonna take another 2500 to get 3it fixed and back on the road. I am going to get a second opinion. However, it it really worth putting more money into it?2nd does anyone know of a shop that will do the work and finance if for you? This thing has over 250,000 miles.

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Depends on condition, and package. 4x4? Fair value is $9-$14k, says Kelly Blue book. Is motor strong?

Cooler on your truck is separate from radiator (good thing!) and good one is $80. $500 job, tops or DIY.

Screenshot 2024-10-09 at 16-11-29 Best Chevrolet Suburban Transmission Coolers etrailer.com.png

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Again, to make a long story as short as possible, I just had to have 3500.00 dollars put into my 2010 Chevrolet Suburban. Brakes, tie rods, struts, the whole front end of it. Supposedly during test drive the truck stopped...period. Seems the transmission cooler blew and now water and flid all over the place. I owe a little less then 5000 on the thing, Buy Here, Pay Here and it was like 9000 give or take. Now it is gonna take another 2500 to get 3it fixed and back on the road. I am going to get a second opinion. However, it it really worth putting more money into it?2nd does anyone know of a shop that will do the work and finance if for you? This thing has over 250,000 miles.
    I know how frustrating it is with the cost of repairs today. But on the other hand, what would car payments be on a new or newer Suburban?

Personally, I would put a new transmission cooler on it (and not have a shop do it, save a lot of bucks).

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    If you don't have the work done, you'll be upside down since it's a non-running vehicle you owe money on a note. So money still owed then what will it cost to replace with something else and assuming used, unknown history. Not a good position but assuming you believe no other major issues lurking then it would make sense to fix and keep versus the crazy prices for any vehicle you'd have to purchase. I have no idea regarding shops that finance repairs.

Top Bottom