• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bevo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Houston
    I'm on the South Loop (610). Need to see if a dealer will or can receive a handgun shipped to them and then ship it to another out of state dealer for me. It's a long story. I'm trying to help out my 70 year old very active, mother.

jsimmons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm on the South Loop (610). Need to see if a dealer will or can receive a handgun shipped to them and then ship it to another out of state dealer for me. It's a long story. I'm trying to help out my 70 year old very active, mother.

What you're looking for is called a "FFL". I think if you google "Houston FFL", you would find a giant list of them. BTW, they'll charge you a fee to receive the weapon for you, so look for the one that charges the least (I pay $20 at my favorite FFL).

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.

Why would you not just have it shipped to an FFL near your mother....it would save you TWO FFL fees doing it this way.

fm2

Event Coordinator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Give Matt at Best Shot Range a call 281-648-SHOT (7468), he does transfers. His Range is in Friendswood Best Shot Range, there's a map on his site.

Bevo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Houston
    Why would you not just have it shipped to an FFL near your mother....it would save you TWO FFL fees doing it this way.
    Because she's in Upstate NY, has possession of the handgun and had it long before she got her pistol permit. Need a paper trail to show she "acquired" the gun post permit.

Bevo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Houston
    What you're looking for is called a "FFL". I think if you google "Houston FFL", you would find a giant list of them. BTW, they'll charge you a fee to receive the weapon for you, so look for the one that charges the least (I pay $20 at my favorite FFL).
    Did the search. Found a dealer. Thanks much!

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Because she's in Upstate NY, has possession of the handgun and had it long before she got her pistol permit. Need a paper trail to show she "acquired" the gun post permit.

I must be missing something, don't understand how going through an additional FFL will prove she got the gun after the permit?

Bevo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2010
    Houston
    I must be missing something, don't understand how going through an additional FFL will prove she got the gun after the permit?
    She's going to ship it to a dealer in Houston. The Houston dealer is going to ship it as a used gun to her dealer in Upstate NY. According to her dealer in NY, that will be enough of a paper trail for her to now legally own her handgun. In NY you must have a permit just to own a handgun and you must get the permit first.

ZX9RCAM

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    She's going to ship it to a dealer in Houston. The Houston dealer is going to ship it as a used gun to her dealer in Upstate NY. According to her dealer in NY, that will be enough of a paper trail for her to now legally own her handgun. In NY you must have a permit just to own a handgun and you must get the permit first.

But if she ships the gun from NY, that shows she owned it before it was shipped to her from Houston....I guess it would depend depend upon how much trouble somebody (BATF) wants goes through to check.....I am confused now, lol....

Top Bottom