• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    I need some help from a local here in San Antonio. I have made a boneheaded decision and need to see if anybody could suggest a way out.
    I'm attending my sons graduation on Monday at lackland, I need an idea for where to store a firearm off base for the day. Any serious suggestions?
    Guns International

TXDARKHORSE361

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 15, 2012
    I take it you're already down here and wouldn't like to leave it at the hotel or wherever you're staying? Feel free to PM me.

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    You can throw it in my safe, if you don't figure it out w/ darkhorse. im off thousand oaks and i35. My wife is at work so im just hangin out with my 5 year old daughter, and will not be going anywhere.

Edit: I misread. You need to store it Monday. We should be around in the evening if you still need a place to store it.

Willy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2009
    Ellis County
    You can buy a cable locking pistol safe. Attach the safe to the handle of your suitcase and keep the safe under you dirty underwear. Put up a do not disturb sign to keep housekeeping out and leave the TV on so they don't know if you are in the room. Without outside help, that's the best I can think of.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Yea guys I'm already here and will be checked out of the hotel prior to the graduation.

I just don't want to get hit with being the random search lol. It will reflect poorly on my sponsor, not me I'm worried about.

My son is looking into some options and I appreciate the offers. As the situation develops I will update this.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Looked like a non-issue from the beginning.

You could have locked your firearm in the base security police's arms room with no repercussions from the get-go. They like to call it the "armory."

On the other hand, anytime you enter a military installation, you agree beforehand to a search of your vehicle (notices are prominently posted). Probable cause to search not required.

winchster

Right Wing Extremist
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Justin, TX
    Looked like a non-issue from the beginning.

You could have locked your firearm in the base security police's arms room with no repercussions from the get-go. They like to call it the "armory."

On the other hand, anytime you enter a military installation, you agree beforehand to a search of your vehicle (notices are prominently posted). Probable cause to search not required.

From what I understand the policy at Lackland is the firearms must belong to the Airman, and have been previously declared. Having been in the service I am fully aware of the right to search me. Just didn't think about it. As to it being a non issue, that's where your assumption is incorrect. It could very well have become an issue for my sponsor, my son, not me. Based on the current CO policy.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Sorry I'm so late seein' this...gonna be outta town Monday, but if things go sour on your other arrangements holler - I can get you taken care of via phone w/someone a few miles from Lackland.

Top Bottom