• ...and so much more!
  • codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Well I'm doing another AK build. I'm doing something of a milled receiver SBR with a folding stock, perferably Ace if I can get the maker to machine it with a flat back and no stock tangs. I'm going to be building this from a full size rifle kit, so you get to watch me turn barrels, cut gas tubes, drill ports and fabricate a bunch of abreviated parts. One thing I'm going to do is a combo front sight/gas block like I did on my last one, but the Krebs blocks that I like are no longer produced.

Anyone have a line on one that's currently in production? I've read about Bolton, but don't see one for sale in all of my Google searching. I'm also not too fond of it being a clamp on style. I'd much rather drill and pin it.

Let me know if anyone has any leads on something.
    Texas SOT

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    Can't do much better than an original Russian: Front sight block / gas...

Yeah I actually looked at these. They were pretty pricey for a chunk of surplus metal! I'm already spending stupid money on this rifle so I'm trying to cut any costs I can. That might be my only option though, unless I want to just fabricate one (which I don't...haha!).

Bolton sucks IMHO. Besides not being pinned, you adjust for elevation by filing down the sight post until you are zeroed.

Ouch! That does suck! Looks like that's out.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I can start this one pretty soon. I'm really needing more frustration in my life and I think a total custom build is just the way to do it.

jr urbina

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    CenTex
    I think I read on Krebs sub forum on WT that he has new front sight/gas blocks coming out at the end of March or beginning of April. I think.

Top Bottom