• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Right now the only 22LR pistol I have is the SR22. In my search for a new suppressor host I have come to like how "upgradeable" the Ruger 22/45 and Mark I, II, III models are. Don't really know the difference between those guns yet. I have also seen the 22/45 Lite and it looked pretty cool as long as you stay away from the puke-green and ugly blue colors.

I also saw and liked the Tac-Sol upper, which it looks like you could slap on a Ruger frame. There are a lot of options out there and I could use some help deciding which direction to go. I want the gun to be fun to upgrade and I want it to perform well suppressed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    Hurley's Gold

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    ...and I want it to perform well suppressed.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thirty squirrels worth of wellness? That's what has found its way to my dinner table so far. Mark III 22/45 with a Spectre 2 and a Vortex Sparc II red dot, using either CCI Standard Velocity or Aguila 40gr Subsonic.

Added: I did do the slingshot mod & polished the internals. (A fine shooting gun).

Last edited:

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Thirty squirrels worth of wellness? That's what has found its way to my dinner table so far. Mark III 22/45 with a Spectre 2 and a Vortex Sparc II red dot, using either CCI Standard Velocity or Aguila 40gr Subsonic.

Added: I did do the slingshot mod & polished the internals. (A fine shooting gun).

Absolutely. Ok, so "Mark III" and "22/45" are the same thing? Can I see some pics?

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    All I have on my phone at the moment.
    a53340084e5083e1f22502ed278d57ea.jpg
    560aa31fe93fa4fc8b3c2f99c5c2b906.jpg

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    There were MK II 22/45 made.

22/45 models have a polymer frame AND a different grip angle than the Mark series.

Difference between MK II and Mk III are the III has magazine disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, magazine release was changed from a heel style to a button type, internal lock was added and cosmetic changes were made.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    There were MK II 22/45 made.

22/45 models have a polymer frame AND a different grip angle than the Mark series.

Difference between MK II and Mk III are the III has magazine disconnect, loaded chamber indicator, magazine release was changed from a heel style to a button type, internal lock was added and cosmetic changes were made.
    Basically, they took the MKII, and completely assed it up so they could keep selling it in California.

I can literally go thousands of rounds before malfunctions set in on any of my MKII pistols. The MKIIIs I have shot will start hanging up at 300 rounds of dirty ammo and @ 500ish of the cleaner stuff.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The MKIIIs I have shot will start hanging up at 300 rounds of dirty ammo and @ 500ish of the cleaner stuff.
    Maybe I've just been lucky with mine, but I've gone a couple thousand rounds between cleaning it before. It gets ridden hard and put up wet.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Basically, they took the MKII, and completely assed it up so they could keep selling it in California.

I can literally go thousands of rounds before malfunctions set in on any of my MKII pistols. The MKIIIs I have shot will start hanging up at 300 rounds of dirty ammo and @ 500ish of the cleaner stuff.

I agree with you there. Only smart thing was moving the magazine release. The rest of it was unnecessary.

CZPistol

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2015
    123 Easy St.
    Not a great deal but not too bad. It's tough to find that model as Ruger changed the design slightly, went from the fluted barrel sleeve to cuts. I've seen the newer models selling for $389 (pre-shipping and FFL fee) on GB.

35Remington

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Way out here
    Top Bottom