• ...and so much more!
  • Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I've just run out of any human beings worth a crap in my personal circle and I am shooting at distance alone. My 6.5 Grendel I can do fine out to 515 yards,

But something is going on with my 5.56.

55 gr at 200 yards up to 515 just fine out of my 10.5 inch AR with a suppressor. 77 gr... No idea where they are flying and I need some help

55 gr at any distance > 200 yards out of my 16 inch AR with a suppressor, I have no idea where they are flying.

So if any of ya'll are available in October I'd love to go back out there and do some DOPE on these two guns and maybe try to push the 6.5 out even farther!

Picture for attention. Wouldn't let me upload my crappy video :D

holley.png

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    55 gr to 77 gr...what's the twist rate? Try any 62gr? 77gr and short barrel might not give it enough spin to stabilize...just guessing here.

Might want to work up some loads.

Mohawk600

Anti-woke
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I live in N Austin maybe 30-45 min from Jarrell. I don't have much long range shooting experience but I would be willing to spot for you.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have not had real good luck with factory ammo past 400 yards. Maybe it's just me.
    I have some flat base reloads that are sub MOA out to 300 yards. Somewhere between 300 and 400 yards, apparently they start to tumble and go all over the place. Sometimes yards off.
    I need to load some Valkyrie ammo and try it past 200 yards. I think it's me that is off though. Would not surprise me at all.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Guess I ain't worth a shit anymore?????
    I can get to Holly. Know about another one up that way too.
    Flat base or boattail bullets? It can make a difference.

I didn't want to volunteer ya Jimmy <3 I will hit you up via phone in October

the 556 are flat base

Last edited:

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    Never been there but I’m in temple I usually hit up one in the chamber for distance. I’ve got a spotting scope and need to stretch legs on my recent build.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Never been there but I’m in temple I usually hit up one in the chamber for distance. I’ve got a spotting scope and need to stretch legs on my recent build.
    I didn't want to volunteer ya Jimmy
    the 556 are flat base
    Maybe we could have a mini-meet up, get a small group to meet up at one or the other. I could do that.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Maybe we could have a mini-meet up, get a small group to meet up at one or the other. I could do that.

It's AAC at 100 yards it shoots MOA or better. Maybe we should pull one of the bullets and look. I can bring you buy one of each and you could pull them and we could look at the bullets.

Meet up in October sounds good.. either at TGC or Holley Im good with either. Though Dweebs hicksville suggestion doesn't bother me either!

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    It's AAC at 100 yards it shoots MOA or better. Maybe we should pull one of the bullets and look. I can bring you buy one of each and you could pull them and we could look at the bullets.

Meet up in October sounds good.. either at TGC or Holley Im good with either. Though Dweebs hicksville suggestion doesn't bother me either!
    Hicksville farthest rifle range is down to 100yds now, pistol range is my favorite part which is steel and no picking up of brass.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen

At Temple Gun Club, for the 300yd and 500yd you have to be a member and qualify unless you are shooting a match.

Our best bet is Holly or One in the Chamber near gatesville. I think they both go out past 600 yards. I'll check.

If AAC is boattail it should say so on the box. Or at least the website.

Txdweeb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2022
    Temple, Tx
    At Temple Gun Club, for the 300yd and 500yd you have to be a member and qualify unless you are shooting a match.

Our best bet is Holly or One in the Chamber near gatesville. I think they both go out past 600 yards. I'll check.

If AAC is boattail it should say so on the box. Or at least the website.

Never been to holly but one in the chamber has a very nice shooting platform for sitting or prone, the awning is extremely generous for shade also the rso’s are really laidback.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    I have heard it was nice. Been wanting to check it out myself.
    Checked the website, it goes to 600 yards.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gunnar
    Top Bottom