• ...and so much more!
  • TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Other than Elm Fork I am looking for a place to shoot trap near Frisco/Prosper/Anna/McKinney area.
    DK Firearms

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Alpine is a long way from north Dallas suburbs, and it's not that great. I can't help you. What's your issue with EF other than they can be pricey?

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    There is alpine out in ft worth but I've never been there.

Sent from a creepy ass cracka.

If they are the only ones then I will keep them in mind.

Alpine is a long way from north Dallas suburbs, and it's not that great. I can't help you. What's your issue with EF other than they can be pricey?

Yes it is quite a haul and if I have to drive that far it better be an outstanding place to shoot. Elm Fork was a terrible experience when I brought friends in from out of state. Despite my calls ahead f time, twice stating that we were new, we were treated like shit by a little mini me dude in sweats and the space cadet woman behind the counter was a waste of oxygen. We bought range time at the trap range, rifle and pistol. Brought our own firearms and ammo AND rented firearms, bought targets and ammo there. High prices and SHIT ASS attitudes and customer service.

I will drive right around their facility to get to another place to shoot. Never again.

I am not looking for something fancy and I will be by myself. Just a place to go to repeated to get back into the grove before I go to South Dakota with my father.

Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    DFW
    I was never super impressed with Elm Fork. Their only positive is that they are pretty much the nicest facility remotely close to central DFW that has more than just rifle/pistol. That being said, I can concur with the staff's attitude and their clay prices are the highest that I've ever seen...anywhere, and I used to shoot about 15 rounds of trap a weekend, so I've been a handful of places.

The Dallas Gun Club is supposed to be top notch, but it is private and pretty pricey to join as I recall from when I looked into it several years ago.

Here is a list of all of the ATA (Amateur Trap Association) recognized facilities in the state- http://www.shootata.com/content/ata_zones/state.aspx?statecode=TX

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I was never super impressed with Elm Fork. Their only positive is that they are pretty much the nicest facility remotely close to central DFW that has more than just rifle/pistol. That being said, I can concur with the staff's attitude and their clay prices are the highest that I've ever seen...anywhere, and I used to shoot about 15 rounds of trap a weekend, so I've been a handful of places.

The Dallas Gun Club is supposed to be top notch, but it is private and pretty pricey to join as I recall from when I looked into it several years ago.

Here is a list of all of the ATA (Amateur Trap Association) recognized facilities in the state- http://www.shootata.com/content/ata_zones/state.aspx?statecode=TX

Frisco gun club?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4

Top Bottom