Gun Zone Deals

Need a new back windshield. Anyone know a glass guy in/near Conroe? Need it done toda

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    So about an hour ago im driving back to my place and I hear POP! and Im covered in glass. My rear window in my 99 silverdo blew out. Any of yall know a glass guy in or near Conroe that isnt going to screw me? Need it dont today if possible, cant let my truck sit outside with no window all night at work. Also whats the average cost of getting it replaced?....Have a feeling Im going to be broke again...man i ahte the holidays something liek this always seems to happen.:banghead:
    Venture Surplus ad

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Re: Need a new back windshield. Anyone know a glass guy in/near Conroe? Need it done

I just used Able Glass for windshield 2 wks ago. Think they have cornrow locale too. Competitive price, good people. Calling around will yield HUGE price variance.

hink

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2011
    Amarillo
    Re: Need a new back windshield. Anyone know a glass guy in/near Conroe? Need it done

If you have a Safelite, I've had good experience with them. Had a couple rock chips repaired and a windshield replaced in my '00 GMC, and a new back glass installed when I was traveling on work time. New back glass was a slider for $375. If cost $1 extra to have the tint installed -- well worth it in my book.

The one-piece glass was $275, if I remember correctly. The guy came out to me -- great service from the company.

twogunns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Dallas

brenham tire and auto 979-836-4811.they are a little south of conroe.if they cant do it today they will know someone that can.hope this helps.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Windshields to go did a glass replacement for us last year - super fast, online tracking, and beat hell outta everyone else on price - but as oustanding as the service was, I'd use 'em again even if a bit higher...

Auto Glass by Windshields To Go

Just checked online - cost for yours is $208.35, installed....but the site says that they can't do anything until Monday...might double-check w/'em, though.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

Prices are all over the place - when I got our quote, it was a side window on a '08 STS - the folks I used beat out everyone else by $100+. It's their SERVICE that amazed me, though - when they were done, all the glass was removed (wife said they spent a good 30+ minutes out there with vacuum that sounded like a jet engine), and they left nothing behind.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas

Try a junkyard if all the usual installers are off. It may be the cheapest way to go, but maybe not also. Definitely check around.

A good trick for installing it yourself is to get some string and run it around in the seal. Have someone hold the window up against the seal (may be easier to pull the seal and install it on the glass first) and then pull the string to bring the seal over the window (or edge of the metal).

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

Thanks yall. Qoute i got was for 208 I think it was. Safelight is the only place open today. My brother inlaw said he knows a guy so Im going to see what he says before I go somewhere. Guess ill be on the phone all day monday calling around if his buddy doesnt give me a good deal. Safelite doesnt have an opening till tuesday at 4pm. Till then im rocking the trash bag/duct tape window.
    It was probly one of my Obama supporting neighbors trying to take me out Ive decided..... lol

I just realized I got really lucky today. My license plate was in my back window(had them stolen at work a while back) and I through it in the front seat and forgot about it. So Ive been driving around allday with no plates.
    0460530e.gif

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

Try a junkyard if all the usual installers are off. It may be the cheapest way to go, but maybe not also. Definitely check around.

A good trick for installing it yourself is to get some string and run it around in the seal. Have someone hold the window up against the seal (may be easier to pull the seal and install it on the glass first) and then pull the string to bring the seal over the window (or edge of the metal).

The back windows just glued on. it doesnt sit in a lip or anything

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

I think we need to pass the hat an buy me a new truck then Ill donate mine for a target at the first annual TGT shoot......

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I've was in the glass biz for 15 years, your gonna get screwed no matter what they're abunch of pirates those guys.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX

I think we need to pass the hat an buy me a new truck then Ill donate mine for a target at the first annual TGT shoot......

Deal - but this bein' the Christmas season an' all folks are strapped fer cash, so I'll just cover it myself (it's been a good year....)

Okay...'99 Chevy...Silverado....hmm...carry the one, add for max accessories...

Where do ah send the quarter? My calculator came up with 23.2 cents (bein' a Chebby an' all), but ah'm feelin' generous.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

Yeah I would much rather have a ford or dodge more so a dodge. I had a nice dodge quad cab but a guy decided i didnt need it and hit me. needless to say after a headon(corner to corner) then him flooring it a T-boning me I dont have it anymore. had a nice truck with a brand new engine/trans I was going to buy but I came home oneday and my dad tooke my insurance money and bought this while I was gone. Wasnt to happy but there wasnt a lot I could say. So I deal with it until I can get another. I wont lie though itll get up an go being a single cab short wheel base with a vortec v-8.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

im in for a $0.245

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009

i want change for my quarter or no deal.

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around

Im pretty sure its illegal to deface your quarter by cutting .005 cents off

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

4 bits but that's it! Plus you provide 50 cal, ammo and I get 1st ten shots

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DSDExpresso
    Top Bottom