APOD Firearms

Need .30 cal can: YHM 7.62 Ti Phantom vs AAC 762-SDN-6 ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Which would you get?

• YHM 7.62 Ti Phantom

Votes: 9 52.9%
    • AAC 762-SND-6

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    Problem is only you or Ruth can be in possession of the the NFA item. If she wanted to go shooting and you went the individual route youd have to be with her as the NFA item is registered to you. Same goes for if you croak, theres no additional paperwork if the NFA item is registered to your trust she still has ownership. Otherwise a form 5 would have to be filled out for all NFA items you owned. Also you will need to get your CLEO to sign off on the paperwork, submit fingerprints and passport photo as well. So how much is your time worth? You will have to jump through those hoops for EVERY NFA item you want to possess. If you go the trust route you can name whoever to it and they can use your toys, you don't have to waste time running forms to and from your CLEOs office, nor do you have to jack with the fingerprints and pictures every time.

The trust route is the only way to fly IMO but Im lazy and I want my family to be able to use my NFA items. They still stay locked up at my house but should my dad or brothers and one day my sons want to borrow my goodies they'll legally be able to.
    View attachment 27530

thanks, i'll be begin to look into this thing you call "trust". lol.

Getting totally off topic now but since this is a 2 year old thread...

Guy at silencer shop said they have a trust service for $130, http://www.silencershop.com/shop/nfa-gun-trust/

reasonable price or is this something that is easy to do on your own. I know, there's probably other threads on this topic here on this forum.... but....
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    A lot of people have success with quicken will maker. I paid 200 before that service was available. Id pay the cash and get a reputable attorney do it for you.

Mike D Texas

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 9, 2009
    Parker County
    I have both the YHM Ti and the 7.62 SDN-6. They both work reasonably well. The YHM has shown to be hearing safe to me even on my 257 Weatherby.

The main thing I run my AAC on is my 300 blackout SBR, 300 Blackout rem 700, my 22-250 Rem 700 and my 5.56 ARs.

I run the YHM on everything else ranging from 257 Weatherby, 6.5 Grendel AR, 260 Remington, .308 Rem 700 and 300 Win Mag Rem 700.

The Specwar may be quieter but it damn well better be because its a fat ass pig of a can.

I can tell you that just the 4oz difference between the YHM Ti and the 7.62 SDN-6 is noticeable. I can't imagine hanging a 24oz can on the end of one of my rifles.

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    The ti phantom is not hearing safe as it regular registered in the low 140s. There is a huge difference in sound between my phantom and specwar. Well I should say my buddy's specwar, mine should be released next week. Its heavy no doubt, but Id rather carry a few extra ounces than ear plugs any day. On an SBR its not bad at all, but on a full length AR it can be heavy for sure. Two stamp guns are more fun anyway though.

All depends on what you want. Had the 7.62 saker been out when I bought my specwar I might not have bought it but at that time there was no ETA on when the saker was going to be out. Theres a lot of good options these days for sure.

Top Bottom