• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    you seem to not notice the 17 round mag in the AZ guys gun. That will get you a felony in Ca and cost you your rights to own guns.

LTC or not that 17 round mag will kill you in Ca.
    If reciprocity is given complete force, then a firearm legal to carry under the CCL of one state would be legal to carry in all states--including the mags that would be legal in your home state. If full faith & credit is given full force, someone from Texas with an LTC who is legally carrying a Glock 17 with 17rd mag would be legal to carry that same Glock 17 with 17rd mag in every other state. And that would also mean that folks could carry guns that aren't on some "list", like what California has.

National Reciprocity is a good thing. I don't see why gun folks don't embrace that fully.
    ARJ Defense ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If reciprocity is given complete force, then a firearm legal to carry under the CCL of one state would be legal to carry in all states--including the mags that would be legal in your home state. If full faith & credit is given full force, someone from Texas with an LTC who is legally carrying a Glock 17 with 17rd mag would be legal to carry that same Glock 17 with 17rd mag in every other state. And that would also mean that folks could carry guns that aren't on some "list", like what California has.

I'm not sure why you believe this. Laws vary state to state regarding vehicles driven on public roads. I don't understand why national reciprocity would have any effect on weapons or mag capacity restrictions in other states.

Example: In many states a front plate isn't required, you can get a ticket for not having it in Texas regardless of the state the vehicle is registered in or where your license was issued.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Because we have doubts about the Fed Gov getting involved about anything. Especially something the Constitution says the have no rights to get involved in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    The constitution demands full faith & credit. It's already IN the constitution. Forcing states to live up to THEIR obligations is what this is all about. It's NOT about given the federal government more power or control.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I'm not sure why you believe this. Laws vary state to state regarding vehicles driven on public roads. I don't understand why national reciprocity would have any effect on weapons or mag capacity restrictions in other states.

Example: In many states a front plate isn't required, you can get a ticket for not having it in Texas regardless of the state the vehicle is registered in or where your license was issued.
    Wrong. As a law enforcement officer in Texas I can NOT write a citation for "no front plate" to a person driving a vehicle licensed in a state that does NOT require a front plate. No way, no how.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Wrong. As a law enforcement officer in Texas I can NOT write a citation for "no front plate" to a person driving a vehicle licensed in a state that does NOT require a front plate. No way, no how.

I wasn't aware of that.

Has it always been the case or did it require a series of court battles?

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

That is a Texas thing then, some other states allow it. Virginia is notoriously anti-auto, they write tickets on out-of-state autos for all kinds of things, tint being a favorite.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If that's the case, and there's been no court battle with a SCOTUS case ruling it unconstitutional to ticket vehicles legal in home state but not where stopped, I see states like California doing everything they can to go after out of state carriers. Including making what ever laws they can pass even worse.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Exactly, still not going to carry in NY/NJ/etc even if this passes.

Yep, since actually using deadly force in those states will likely end up with you in jail awaiting trial and eventually prison. I wouldn't chance my life on the jury you are going to pull in a NY or NJ, seeing it your way.

They are going to wonder why you didn't just "shoot him in the leg" or call 911. :beat:

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    you seem to not notice the 17 round mag in the AZ guys gun. That will get you a felony in Ca and cost you your rights to own guns.

LTC or not that 17 round mag will kill you in Ca.
    It's even worse than that in Kommiefornia... if your handgun isn't on the approved list, it's illegal to own there. How would they deal with the (DROS) registration required for guns in Kaliforniacation?

as another example, just having hollow points in your handgun is illegal in NJ

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    CA's roster currently only applies to new guns.
    It doesn't apply to grandfathered guns which can still be PPT via FFL.

The roster also doesn't apply to LEO's...but they can no longer sell their used off-roster "unsafe" guns to the public.

Lunyfringe

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Canton, TX
    CA's roster currently only applies to new guns.
    It doesn't apply to grandfathered guns which can still be PPT via FFL.

The roster also doesn't apply to LEO's...but they can no longer sell their used off-roster "unsafe" guns to the public.
    ok, they haven't murdered that grandfather yet? I know they murdered the "high-cap" (really standard cap) magazine grandfather.
    I presume the FSC only applies when buying a handgun behind enemy lines?

As bad as the latest round of CA laws are, there were even worse ones that got veto'd. Their legislature truly has gone full retard. There was one put before the governor that could have made a block of aluminum illegal to own (since it could be turned into a firearm).

You KNOW they're going to have a massive hissy fit if national reciprocity were passed, and they'll kick and scream like the petulant children that they are. (which will be fun to watch, but expect some stoopid laws as reprisal)

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    That is a Texas thing then, some other states allow it. Virginia is notoriously anti-auto, they write tickets on out-of-state autos for all kinds of things, tint being a favorite.
    I can't vouch for Virginia law as I'm neither admitted to the bar there nor licensed as a peace officer there. Such is not the case in Texas.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    ok, they haven't murdered that grandfather yet? I know they murdered the "high-cap" (really standard cap) magazine grandfather.
    I presume the FSC only applies when buying a handgun behind enemy lines?

As bad as the latest round of CA laws are, there were even worse ones that got veto'd. Their legislature truly has gone full retard. There was one put before the governor that could have made a block of aluminum illegal to own (since it could be turned into a firearm).

You KNOW they're going to have a massive hissy fit if national reciprocity were passed, and they'll kick and scream like the petulant children that they are. (which will be fun to watch, but expect some stoopid laws as reprisal)

Yeah as of now I don't believe they've addressed the "unsafe grandfathered guns" dealio yet.
    But it's gotta be coming.

Next month, ammo sales (both new and PPT) will have to be from or through a CA DOJ-approved vendor.
    Brining ammo into the state will be criminalized.

But the reality is, I'm glad I'm in Texas so I don't have to follow CA's insane gun laws anymore.
    **** that state.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    HR38 made it through the markup and out of committee on a 19-11 vote. Also, the committee rejected attempts to amend the measure so that states wouldn't have to recognize nonresident licenses for their own residents. BIG victory there.

Top Bottom