• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Red78

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    San Antonio
    Went there Saturday afternoon to check out their Case knives (looking for a Christmas present) - as has been stated by several others, I was asked 2-3 times if I needed assistance. Appears they've done a 180 degree turnaround, in terms of their attitude towards customers. Very glad to see it. Now if they could just work on those prices......

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ya can't have it both ways - personalized service costs money. Dunno 'bout you, but I want to be paid well for doing my job in a professional manner. Give me good service, I'll pay a reasonable premium. Give me Walmart-level service, you'd best be the cheapest in town!

Patrón

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    San Antonio
    Ya can't have it both ways - personalized service costs money. Dunno 'bout you, but I want to be paid well for doing my job in a professional manner. Give me good service, I'll pay a reasonable premium. Give me Walmart-level service, you'd best be the cheapest in town!
    Ya cun tawk untul ya blu in da face buut uh nun'n ;'a gunna chunge mu mind to pay internet prices + the vig nagel's wants. Heck, some of their crap still has the Brownells labels on 'em.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Ya cun tawk untul ya blu in da face buut uh nun'n ;'a gunna chunge mu mind to pay internet prices + the vig nagel's wants. Heck, some of their crap still has the Brownells labels on 'em.

Hey - no skin off MY nose, it's up to you. But if I want somethin' today, and local shops have it - I WILL have it....and you'll be waiting!<G>

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I've never experienced what I would consider "good service" at a gun shop. Not once. The only shops that came close were some place in CA and Collector's firearms. I'm not sure good service is possible at a gun shop, when the customer is educated. Show me what I ask to see, don't be a jackass, and I'll buy the item if I like the price. Going to buy a gun is not like going to buy a suit or a nice dinner.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Based on my long-term observations, the staff of gun shops tend to gravitate toward customers whose appearance exudes a confidence that they will actually buy something.

Walk into McDonald's in a Tuxedo, and they'll try to sell you the most expensive item on the menu.

Walk into Church's Fried Chicken in shorts, no shoes, and a t-shirt, and you'll have to ask for the restroom key.

Most of us never consider HOW WE appear to a sales staff.

Be well.

wiredgeorge

Older than I was yesterday!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Mico TX
    shortround said, "Walk into McDonald's in a Tuxedo, and they'll try to sell you the most expensive item on the menu."

Perhaps the most bizzare observation in this whole tedious thread! Bwhahahaha shortround, Do you own a tux? Have you... never mind I can't ask.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    shortround said, "Walk into McDonald's in a Tuxedo, and they'll try to sell you the most expensive item on the menu."

Perhaps the most bizzare observation in this whole tedious thread! Bwhahahaha shortround, Do you own a tux? Have you... never mind I can't ask.

Got your attention, eh?

Go back to school, learn to read and write, and get off of your basement couch.

All others, be well.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Excellent retort TR!

I try to purchase 98% of my weapons from my LGS, the other 2% is FTF private purchases. If it cost me a few dollars more to buy a weapon, I don't care! The only exception I make to this rule is ammo, when I buy my new weapon, I will normally get 2 or 3 boxes of ammo at the same time, but bulk purchases of ammo will be online 80% of the time. It's not a complaint about ammo prices from my LGS, he will give me a break that gets my cost down to about $3-5 difference per case, it is getting time to drive the 100 mile roundtrip that will get problematical. My LGS is 50+ miles away! about as local as it gets for me.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    TL/DR

I lived in San Antonio 4 years ago as a freshly commissioned 2Lt with a small gun collection and a big (all things relative) new paycheck. First priority was a .22LR rifle. I wanted simple, bolt action, magazine fed, iron sights. I didn't know much about guns at the time, but I knew that much. I did my research on exactly what I wanted and went shopping.

I walked into Nagels and they had just what I wanted, Stevens 300(aka Savage MkII), iron sights, synthetic stock, 10rd detachable mag. I was really looking for a Savage MkII, but close enough.

Then, to my utter amazement, the salesman wouldn't sell it to me. He insisted I look at semi-autos, tube feds, pumps, scopes, everything except bolt-actions with irons sights and a box mag. I walked out.

Came back a few days later, having not found what I wanted anywhere else, found a different salesman, pointed at the rifle and said, "I want that one, right there." He was smart enough to know he had just made a sale and didn't even have to work for it.

Now I'm in town TDY for a while. I'll have to check them out again. Probably won't buy anything, but if I find a deal, who knows...

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Dury's Gun Shop on I-37 & Hotwells Boulevard is one of the few SA long-time gun shops still around.

They have a relatively new building, and a vast selection of guns, gear, and ammo.

Customer service is very good.

Do not expect gun-show prices on new guns!

They do offer a life-time warranty on all used guns they sell. Used gun prices tend to be on the high side, but you'll get peace of mind with the warranty.

Be well.

Top Bottom