N.M. following Az. lead. could we be next?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Perry also strongly endorsed legislation which allows state and local law enforcement to crackdown on illegal immigration.
    Which basically goes with the Appeals court decision:

In Gonzales v. City of Peoria, 722 F2d 468, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals held that local law enforcement officers are permitted to enforce criminal provisions of the Immigration and Naturalization Act.
    If this is questioned anywhere in the United States, it needs to be taken to the courts, up to and including the Supreme Court with the proviso that the above case is quoted for precedent. The Supreme Court has already ruled, recently that local law enforcement can, indeed, ask about the immigration status of detained people:

In Mueller v. Mena, 544 US 93 (2005), SCOTUS ruled unanimously that state and local law enforcement officers may indeed ask about the immigration status of detained person.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Which basically goes with the Appeals court decision:

If this is questioned anywhere in the United States, it needs to be taken to the courts, up to and including the Supreme Court with the proviso that the above case is quoted for precedent. The Supreme Court has already ruled, recently that local law enforcement can, indeed, ask about the immigration status of detained people:

Flat out it shouldn't be an issue anywhere... Any city that is harboring illegal aliens knowingly supports and endorses terrorism, drug-trafficking, human smuggling, sex slave smuggling, and much more... Why is it still a question of whether or not we are going to allow this? HELLO the name of these people is ILLEGAL aliens... If we were worried about their feelings (which it seems like we are) then how about we give them a more polite name such as displaced persons or something of the sort...

As long as these people are committing a crime (being here undocumented) then there should be vigilance pursued against them...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have never even heard of a Sanctuary State. Something that stupid shouldn't even exist.
    Uh, welcome to Texas?

I really doubt anything will be done to eliminate sanctuary cities in TX. I know some fairly conservative Texans of Mexican decent, but when it comes to topics such as the AZ bill all they hear is "Oh my gosh they are picking on Mexicans!!!". I try to explain sanctuary cities to them, but they just think I'm a gringo that doesn't understand... and that's funny because I speak more Spanish than they do (which isn't much).

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    Flat out it shouldn't be an issue anywhere... Any city that is harboring illegal aliens knowingly supports and endorses terrorism, drug-trafficking, human smuggling, sex slave smuggling, and much more... Why is it still a question of whether or not we are going to allow this? HELLO the name of these people is ILLEGAL aliens... If we were worried about their feelings (which it seems like we are) then how about we give them a more polite name such as displaced persons or something of the sort...

As long as these people are committing a crime (being here undocumented) then there should be vigilance pursued against them...

Not that I in any way support any city being a sanctuary for illegals, but this seems like quite a far fetch. Texas teach - feel free to educate me if there is a reasonable link here.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Not that I in any way support any city being a sanctuary for illegals, but this seems like quite a far fetch. Texas teach - feel free to educate me if there is a reasonable link here.

US Border Patrol intel has reported that opened immigrant holes in our border have led to cartel intelligence in the underground that has led to breaches in our security as more and more illegal finances find their way into the hands of illegal coyotes for their information...

Look at it this way... we can stop a percentage them, but at the profit margins they are turning contrary to popular belief we're not hurting them like we think... it is American pompousness? most likely yeah... To a degree it is also probably to downplay the successfulness of the drug trade to younger audiences...

frontline: drug wars: special reports: do the math - why the illegal business is thriving | PBS

With figures like that (first of all I enjoy a good beer when I'm having a good time and I will even buy beers for my friends but $200 a night for a good time makes me damn glad I'm not a druggie) we need to really find a solution to this epidemic of a problem within this country.

Mexico's Drug War: Drug cartels raise the stakes on human smuggling - latimes.com

Sex Slaves the other Undocumented Migrants

It isn't just one problem, there isn't just one state with a border, it isn't just one illegal activity, it is rooting itself in our culture and it is disgusting at how commonplace we are making drug addiction and being an illegal alien look nowadays...

Oh look at Charlie Sheen and he's got a coke problem... HAHAHA

REALLY?!?!?!?! That's what we've come to accept as a society? It was less than 200 years ago (And some although not on this forum would raise that back then most everyone was an immigrant. True but then again you can still be an immigrant today DAMMIT just do it legally.) when you became a social outcast for adultery and alcoholism, but now those things are backdrops to the cultural murder we are witnessing. This is our legacy. A legacy of kids sniffing spray paint out of paper bags, a legacy of needle injects, crack pipes, and fourteen year old skaters thinking pot should be legal (even though if it was they still wouldn't be old enough to partake).

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I read through the links. I'm sorry I asked. Very disheartening - especially the sex slave stuff.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    I guess we can blame it on the murderous, rapicious Spaniards who came ashore in South and Central America and "educated" the people already there for milleniums....Set up their European type system which in Mexico has not known peace nor freedom from revolution, lawfulness for all less the bribery and under the table deals...Nor a system for the relief of extreme poverty like as in a decent society. Sure there are some decent law abiding people in Mexico but it appears that they are overshadowed by the Drug Cartels and the always rich Big Boys in that nation.

Texas' War for Independence did not end with their defeat at San Jacinto by Gen. Houston and the Texian Army, it ended after annexation by the United States and the again defeat of Mexico by the US Army under Scott & Taylor and some Texas Rangers. Mexicans labor under the fabrication of the truth that Texas was "stolen" from them and they plot and desire it back. What they could never do with rifle & bayonet & Artillery, they are making headway with illegal
    invasion by "wets" and their views on the prohibition of any form of birth control...And, many, many Americans of hispanic descent stick with them in their viewpoints but we must remember that even though our people of that lineage are Americans, fought for our country in all wars and and are wrong in their thinking, they are not Mexico's Mexicans, just mis informed Americans. And we have plenty of those of all walks !

Top Bottom