It’s a shame.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Admin
Nov 22, 2011
Spring
Since the NRAAM is coming to my locale this year, I called them yesterday and re-upped my Golden Eagle status. I had let it slip since 2019 but there are perks at the NRAAM for Golden Eagles so I figured it would be worthwhile to spend the money.

I knew the regular number wasn't good for this task but I called it anyway since they can forward me to the correct place. It was amazing to hear the fundraiser (and, yes, the lady who answered the phone introduced herself both by name and as a fundraiser) read from a script trying to get me to donate more money. Didn't she realize that by asking to re-up my status, I was about to make a contribution?

After being forwarded to the Golden Eagle folks, I got the same thing, twice - once before and once after the transaction. She was pushing me to buy a Life membership for someone as a gift for the bargain price of $600. I finally got a little tired of it all and said "Y'know, I just gave y'all $250. I think that's enough of a contribution for one day. Don't you?" That seemed to shock her out of the script and she said "Yes sir, I think you're right about that." The call ended almost immediately thereafter.

I grieve for the NRA and what it has become.

Now, I've got the nomex on. Y'all feel free to flame me.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
Forum Sponsor
TGT Supporter
Jul 23, 2019
Silsbee, Texas
I've been a Life Member since 1976. The NRA and I both have been through some changes in the last 45 years.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Jan 3, 2010
Occupied Texas
I find a lot of faults with WLP and the way the NRA has gone under his leadership. However, I strongly support the cause and I believe that the membership is made up of extremely good people. We need the organization because nothing else at a national level can have the impact that the NRA has. I'll keep supporting change and hoping that it can return to the quality that it once had.

London

The advocate's Devil.
TGT Supporter
Sep 28, 2010
Twilight Zone
It's a nearly-dead organization that I don't see making a comeback. They sucked anyway. Past time to let some real fighters take their title.

Primary

TexasGunTalk Assistant
Here are some related products that TexasGunTalk members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TexasGunTalk’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TexasGunTalk discussions about these products.

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Shroud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members