• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    I was sitting on the couch earlier like 4:30 pm and I see someone walking up to the door threw the side glass and hear a !!CLUNK!! "what is this crap its heavy" so I go to the door and My u.p.s. lady was trying to carry all three box's up to the door and dropped 2 of them, well looks like my shipment from aim surplus and cheaper than dirt showed up today. 400 rds of dag 7.62x51, 1 full crate of 5.45x39 2,160 rds, and a 300 rnd can of maylay 7.62x51. the seal on one of the 5.45 sardine cans was already punctured so i went ahead and opened it to check it out it was all good and smelled like 1982 russia.
    Venture Surplus ad

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Oh I have no doubt I've seen pictures of people with tractor trailers in front of there house having to use pallet jacks to move it, I wish I had that kind of moola. I just thought it would be an entertaining story to share.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    It is - and glad ya did! Think the worst one I've done so far was a Group Buy of some ammo a few years back.....let's not get too detailed (in case the 2 UPS trucks that hadta deliver it all are readin' this), but it took 2 of their trucks 2 days to get it all here - the place I bought it from had some kinda killer deal w/UPS - so 300 or so boxes at 50 lbs/box....... They tried to get away w/dropping it off at the curb. I pointed out the "adult signature" requirement, and told 'em I'd open the driveway so they could back up to the garage - but they WERE gonna put it all in the garage if they expected me to sign for it.

sux2bu.gif

hkusp1

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009
    DALLAS, TX
    Holy crap that's alotta lead. My ups lady weigh like 100 pounds and is a borderline midget she would have cut me if I did that. I did get lucky though because ctd threw in 40 rnds of privi 308 for free.

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Yeah....an' ah swore it'd be the LAST GB ah ever did. Turned into a PITA ClusterF* when a couple of 'em started whinin' that they found "better deals" online......even though it didn't include freight, etc. Finally got rid of 'em by refunding their money - the sweet revenge was when their "deal" evaporated with "adjusted prices/freight/etc." and they wanted back in on our deal. I didn't have to say a word - others on that board ripped 'em new ones before I could even answer.

jfrey

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    Coastal Texas
    My little skinny mail lady knows every time I order bullets. At first she couldn't figure out why that little box weighed 27 pounds. She finally figured it out.

Top Bottom