• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kyreb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Houston TX
    That's a bummer that your bag got misplaced on the way back. Since I work for SWA I would love to blame it on the TSA holding up your bag, but its a simple fact that SWA handles more bags than any other carrier and being perfect is a little bit of an unrealistic expectation.

I would LOVE to be able to fly with my rifles, but with the benefit of free flights comes an agreement that my luggage is not insured. So if my company were to permanently lose my stuff, I am just out of luck. So if I decide to fly with a rifle its going to be when I am a paying customer like everyone else.

They did deliver your luggage to you directly correct?

Yes. Delivered to my house the next day.
    I really have no problem with SWA. They are by far my airline of preference. If anything, I really think TSA sat on my rifle to ensure it did not make my flight just to screw with me.
    Target Sports

Kyreb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Houston TX
    Glad you didnt get arrested because I would have. I have a habbit of getting all over stupid POS people who dont have enough brains to poor piss out of a boot!
    I wouldnt trust that stupid garbage with a firearm no more than I would a drunk monkey!
    Next time, send your guns to a FFL where ever your going and pick them up.
    forgot to mention, sorry you didnt get to give the kid his new toy. Bet he would have loved it.

He got his new rifle and just about jumped out of his skin with excitement. My problem occured on the return trip with the older AR.

Rhino

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    After my last flight with TSA involvement I agree with anyone who feels the best way to fly with weapons is to take your car.
    Or a private plane! That's by far more fun, and you don't have to worry about some TSA thug (yeah, they do hire criminals) confiscating your weapons.

R

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    TSA's "security theater" is amazingly disorganized. Last time I flew, I had to go through several security lines at different airports. Most were no problem whatsoever. But at one, my carry-on was searched because they couldn't figure out something metal that showed up. It was a key to wind an antique clock. At another airport, no problem with the carry-on, but they tried to make me go through the scanner. I said, "Opt out", and you'd have thought I'd cursed their mothers. They were royally pissed and made me stand in a certain spot, repeatedly warning me not to move while they waited for a guy to come pat me down. Then the guy shows up and he was cool about the whole thing and 2 minutes later I'm on my way. Just weird.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ditto what Double_R76 said. The funny thing TSA doesn't seem to mention is that the "TSA approved locks" are actually a violation of federal law to use for securing a firearm. As far as I understand it, at most airports there are master keys that lots of employees have that will open TSA locks, and technically the only person that should be able to open it is the owner. Use the biggest and most unwieldy case you can find, and the most rock solid and rugged lock you can find.

Top Bottom