• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't start many threads and I post seldom in this topic, but I find this very troubling and an example of a systematic problem in this country.

I would ask that there be no name calling in this thread, even about Weiner. Please post your thoughts on the topics, ideas and behaviors. Thanks

He lied for weeks, and only comes clean when he learns the investigation will reveal the truth. He only then admits he was wrong when caught. He said he "made a "mistake"" as if he got dressed in the dark and put on one blue and one black... sock. He then said what he had done caused a "distraction". He never admitted to behaving badly and consciously. He uses words like "mistake" and "distraction" to minimize his acts. His pundits say he broke no laws, and his personal life should not affect his PUBLIC job. WHAT!? When did this happen? When did the fact that your behavior harmed others, casts doubt on your veracity and is repugnant become OK as long as no laws were broken?

Then, while making his non-admission and non-apology he speaks of the "values his parents gave him", not by saying he acting in contrary to those, but as though he upheld those values.

What has happened to Honor, integrity, morals and ethics? How do you trust a man who would violate his most sacred vow, willingly and often, to be trustworthy with the rsponsibilities public office comes with?

A person is who he is. I am so sad for our country, society, and what this type of thnking has done to our families.
    DK Firearms

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Sadly this guy does represent the direction our society is heading. Once we achieved "everything is always somebody elses fault" status, we were screwed. Degenerate behavior seems to be more and more tolerated and prolific. I think BIll Clinton may have had a hand in promoting this trend... especially among the more liberal among us.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Sadly this guy does represent the direction our society is heading. Once we achieved "everything is always somebody elses fault" status, we were screwed. Degenerate behavior seems to be more and more tolerated and prolific. I think BIll Clinton may have had a hand in promoting this trend... especially among the more liberal among us.

That, as well as the "as long as you're happy" with a side of "if it feels good do it" and any behavior is accepted.

1rightguy

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2009

This was my thought from day one. It was Bill Clinton that made it OK to lie.....

texas skeeter

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    Somewhere here nor there....
    Very good thread and I for one am glad he's leaving, it couldnt have happened to a nicer guy!! He IS/WAS BAD for this country and the agenda he pushed. and YES i do agree the "Blame Everybody Else" mentality is the cause of stuff like this cause people like him dont ever think about consequences. or the fact whether it is right or wrong....... and once again I blame Liberals for this trend as it was them who started the whole movement and stuck up for and tried to diminish ol Billys act of CHEATING ON HIS WIFE, AND LIEING TO THE PEOPLE/AND UNDER OATH ABOUT IT when he was Potus.....

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    he has a problem with addiction - unfortunately its a sexual addiction which many people dont believe exists or understand - if it were alcohol - people would be more forgiving and encourage him to seek help so he could return to his life

there are more than enough books to read on sexual addiction - written by experts - it does exist

one of the definitions of an addiction is that its compulsive behavior that makes ones life unmanageable, and that they are powerless to stop the behavior on their own -

nothing the Congressman did would be considered rational behavior by anybody that I personally know - so i have to believe there are underlying issues going on that have manifested in what we saw play out on TV

and that is your free amateur psychoanalysis for the day

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    he has a problem with addiction - unfortunately its a sexual addiction which many people dont believe exists or understand - if it were alcohol - people would be more forgiving and encourage him to seek help so he could return to his life
    I completely disagree. This is an excuse for bad behavior. Let's call the bad behavior a disease, then its not your fault. Its more of the lack of personal responsibility that is making us pathetic.

there are more than enough books to read on sexual addiction - written by experts - it does exist
    I am certaily no expert, as I don't think you are, but I just don't completely buy it. Hoever, lets assume it IS real, this guy was not out having affairs like Tiger Woods.

one of the definitions of an addiction is that its compulsive behavior that makes ones life unmanageable, and that they are powerless to stop the behavior on their own -
    There is no evidence that has happend with this man. There is no evidence he tried to stop on his own.

nothing the Congressman did would be considered rational behavior by anybody that I personally know - so i have to believe there are underlying issues going on that have manifested in what we saw play out on TV
    Yeah, he became drunk with power and his lack of character allowed him to behave immorally and unethically, and he believed he was above reproach.

And mine

He has still failed to be contrite. He does not believe he was immoral or wrong.

BigD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2011
    Dallas

I agree that it does exist and that what he did was not rational behavior, but he should have just owned up to it. If he came out and said what I did was wrong, I have a problem, and I am asking the public to bear with me while I get help; I think he could have kept his seat. What he did was lie, deflect blame, and not stand up like a man and admit fault.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    I don't believe in sexual addiction or any of the other phony made up diseases that are so popular today. In my opinion, people are just so conditioned to society's garbage theory "that nothing is EVER your fault" that we conjure up a "syndrome" or "addiction" for anything some degenerate decides is OK to do. BULLSHIT. It's the same with kids and ADD or whatever dreamed up ailment is fashionable today. it's just a total lack of people manning up to accept the responsibility for their actions... which they are in total control of if they choose to be.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I don't believe in sexual addiction or any of the other phony made up diseases that are so popular today. In my opinion, people are just so conditioned to society's garbage theory "that nothing is EVER your fault" that we conjure up a "syndrome" or "addiction" for anything some degenerate decides is OK to do. BULLSHIT. It's the same with kids and ADD or whatever dreamed up ailment is fashionable today. it's just a total lack of people manning up to accept the responsibility for their actions... which they are in total control of if they choose to be.

I don't want to sidetrack this already, but as a former non-believer in ADD (my opinion was it stood for ass whipping deficit disease) I can tell you it is real. Over-diagnosed? Probably. I have a daughter with an IQ of 125, aces all off her TAKS, finals and regular tests, that just cannot function well without treatment. She has never given us a second of trouble, but she needs treatment (medicine as well as specific training in organizationala skills, focus, etc).

To stay on topic, lets take this to another thread, fair?

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Kenneth W. Royce once wrote that politics are a magnet for sociopaths; and the older I get the more I'm inclined to agree. Tell me the majority of the characteristics of sociopathy don't fit perfectly with the personalities of people like Weiner, Clinton, Blagojevich, etc...

Profile of the Sociopath

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    I completely disagree. This is an excuse for bad behavior. Let's call the bad behavior a disease, then its not your fault. Its more of the lack of personal responsibility that is making us pathetic.

i never said he wasnt responsible for his behavior - all addicts are responsible for their behavior - do you think alcoholism is a disease? or do you disagree with the experts? i've studied this a "bit" as i used to investigate sex crimes - and there are some people out there in the normal functioning world who have suffered thru some horrible childhoods - stuff that totally jacks up the brain wiring

I am certaily no expert, as I don't think you are, but I just don't completely buy it. Hoever, lets assume it IS real, this guy was not out having affairs like Tiger Woods.
    well we really dont know the extent of the congressman's "private business" - nor do we know how many affairs Tiger had, compared to how many of them came out in the limelight......regardless, from my reading, sex addiction is a progressive thing, that starts with acting out in one way - and leads to others....the two most significant ways for somebody dealing with repressed pain is to act out sexually, or to overeat

There is no evidence that has happend with this man. There is no evidence he tried to stop on his own.
    there's no evidence that he didnt either! but there is evidence this guy was not behaving rationally for a man of his stature...

Yeah, he became drunk with power and his lack of character allowed him to behave immorally and unethically, and he believed he was above reproach.

And mine

He has still failed to be contrite. He does not believe he was immoral or wrong.

you assume that his behavior is a result of his acquired power, but its also possible that his new status afforded him new opportunities to seek out women - we have no idea what he was doing before he became a congressman

a lot of assumptions being made here

BigD is right - he should have been truthful about it - but addicts lie about their behavior - because its secretive and shameful - going in front of the entire nation and admitting what you've done wrong is not as easy as most of us would like to think or believe

sex addiction and other "phony diseases" = ignorance.....take some psychology classes, do some reading - you'd be surprised and might educate yourself

i'm not excusing or condoning his behavior at all - he's responsible for everything he's done - and i dont know enough about his entire situation to say that he is a sex addict - but from the extensive reading and study i've done on the issue - he sure seems to be a strong candidate for it

Out of the Shadows - by Dr. Patrick Carnes - is widely considered the leading/most recognized book and authority on the topic of sexual addiction....i'm not a licensed therapist by any means - but there's an opportunity for many to enlighten themselves on a subject that is just coming to light

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX

+1 Couldn't have said it better myself.

A lot of stuff gets overdiagnosed and there is always a trendy new buzzword disease. ADHD, bipolar disorder, autism. Why can't a kid just be a freaking dipshit? When I went to school some kids were freaking dipshits and it wasn't politically incorrect to let them know it. This guy Weiner isn't a sex addict, he's a man with a position of power that lets the power go to his head and he wants to get his freak on. He isn't the first, he won't be the last.

You guys sure do think about Weiner a lot.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I dealt with a tremendous amount of kids in school that were diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, etc. Most, not all, were over-diagnosed, IMO. There are young people dealing with a lot of issues on a daily basis. My advice to some is if there hill is steeper to cliimb that someone else's is, they have to try harder. I can't count the times I was told by a parent (when their son/daughter got caught with weed, skipped class to go to the river, etc.) that their kid has ADD. Fortunately for them (ha!) I had/have ADD so I knew what they were talking about. They usually didn't like it when I told them. Hyperactivity is a large part of a 14 yr. old's persona but most of them didn't use that as an excuse for why they slugged some other kid. Just my two bits.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    its ok if the science of the body progresses over time and our doctors get smarter about it - but if it involves the mind - we're stuck in the stone age

to say that you think autism is "over diagnosed" and that some of those kids just might be dipshits - is highly ignorant of ongoing medical science

i've got a few friends with autistic children - and i cant imagine how sickened they'd be to read something like that - i dont think you have a clue what kind of hell they live in day in and day out with children that suffer from that

i'll bow out now - flame away and enjoy

Top Bottom