• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Had to explain this to HR and a client today. Thought you all would like the information for educational purposes.

I'll let you know if it interferes with the process at all. It really shouldn't but is at the whim of the client.

27a1.png

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    WHAT the hell? After all you had to go through that is total BS. Where's the part where they didn't know the law and were idiots?

Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    Man, you are one dangerous mofo. No, wait! You are a law abiding citizen, unlawfully arrested by an uninformed jackass. Can't HR read?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    WHAT the hell? After all you had to go through that is total BS. Where's the part where they didn't know the law and were idiots?
    DISMISSE is the vague reference.

I was asked "in the interest of time" to summarize what happened to put the client at ease after this was found, before the client was sent the results , but was not "required" to provide a response by HR.

The client doesn't get any personal information, nor will my boss know this is going on. My boss will know if I get denied on the client though, I think and hope it won't come to that.

Even if I'm denied I have billable hours on other clients so my job is not at risk.

Just a general note about HR, know they aren't your friend, they work only for the company. They aren't there to protect you, only the company.

What chaps me about this is the VERY liberal state and worse town my HR works in.....

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Rap sheets are public record? I didn't know that...

I have the feeling I've worked in this state and City you're talking about.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX

Man, you are one dangerous mofo. No, wait! You are a law abiding citizen, unlawfully arrested by an uninformed jackass. Can't HR read?

Actually it was a lawful arrest. I think he is a patriot and unlike many of of us, he put his money where his mouth was. However, he knew the risk.

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Actually it was a lawful arrest. I think he is a patriot and unlike many of of us, he put his money where his mouth was. However, he knew the risk.

Yep, my eyes wide open what may have happened. Not really trying to complain here.

I don't agree it was a lawful arrest. But really don't have the energy to debate or argue the issue here. I've not pursued a civil case as I'm moving out of Texas this month for at least a year.

Just more information so you all can make your own decisions. It's possible to get this expunged, would cost some more lawyers fees and depending what happens here I may. I'm just not up to paying the lawyer more now with so little in return.

Last edited:

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Shouldn't. He's got an arrest record, not a conviction. It won't prevent him owning a gun.
    Right... legally, it doesn't prevent him from owning a gun, but I'm wondering if there's any way it might pop up in the process and cause a delay. I don't know how a background check for employment differs from an FFL check, but it's unfortunate that this is even a thing since there was no case and he shouldn't have been brought in to begin with. As long as he has a valid CHL, in Texas anyway, it's not an issue since there's no background check needed.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I don't agree it was a lawful arrest. But really don't have the energy to debate or argue the issue here. I've not pursued a civil case as I'm moving out of Texas this month for at least a year.

It was a lawful arrest. Technically your CHL only gives you a defense to prosecution.

BTW you can get it expunged yourself.

TwinGlocks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Houston
    DISMISSE is the vague reference.

I was asked "in the interest of time" to summarize what happened to put the client at ease after this was found, before the client was sent the results , but was not "required" to provide a response by HR.

The client doesn't get any personal information, nor will my boss know this is going on. My boss will know if I get denied on the client though, I think and hope it won't come to that.

Even if I'm denied I have billable hours on other clients so my job is not at risk.

Just a general note about HR, know they aren't your friend, they work only for the company. They aren't there to protect you, only the company.

What chaps me about this is the VERY liberal state and worse town my HR works in.....

Your client has got to be a bank on wall street. A lot of what you're describing in this post is all too familiar to me.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    A lawful arrest requires probable cause to believe an offense was committed. Prosecutors (especially in Travis County) frequently find that is where the case stalls, fails to rise to the level of proof beyond a reasonable doubt, and the case gets dismissed. If there was not probable cause (and the Trooper did not mislead the municipal court magistrate), then the fine gentleman would have been released, with out charges.

Top Bottom