• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    My nephew from Maine shipped to Parris Island This morning. We are very proud, even if he chose the Marines (I served in the Army, hence my bias).
    Hurley's Gold

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    May your nephew be blessed in his new endeavor in service to our Nation.

Less than one percent of eligible youth are either qualified or motivated to serve.

May he, and you be well.

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Marine here, 1990 - 1998.
    Make sure you send him lots of goodies like candies and cakes and such. It'll make him REAL popular with his Drill Instructors!

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    My nephew from Maine shipped to Parris Island This morning. We are very proud, even if he chose the Marines (I served in the Army, hence my bias).

Can understand the bias, but atleast he is willing to do what most men arent. But as others have said send him lots of goodies lol.

robin303

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    Austin
    That poor guy is going through hell right now folks. They do it on purpose to process you at 3 in the AM. Sure hope he likes push ups.
    If that was my son I would be proud. :patriot:

Zombie

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2010
    Brownwood/El Paso
    Send him one of those girlie calenders with firefighters and such on it- My brother did it to me and needless to say..I was very popular with my DS's for a couple weeks. But it made memories ya know.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    We had one guy in basic that his dad mailed him a box with a GI Joe, a Barbie and a Ken with a note to give one each to the Drill Sgt's. Needless to say it was a very funny site when DS opened the box the read the note out-loud. The DS's and that private became good friends.

jeepinbanditrider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Dallas
    I got a huge envelope from my dad's friends...........full of nudie pics from a motorcycle rally. The Senior let me look at'em one time then I never saw them again....didn't get them back at the end of Boot Camp either but then again when the said "DISMISSED!!!" I couldn't get off the depot fast enough lol.

sneekysnake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    New Braunfels,Tx.
    You and your nephew have my respect. Thank you both for your service to this great country. My son-in-law deployed for the 5th time last month . Hes also army . He left 10 days before my daughter had there baby . My first grand child a boy.

Top Bottom