• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I have not been posting anything lately, things were looking pretty good, a few weeks back at a routine scan, new growths were noticed in the lower back, Stage IIIC, no cure medically possible. Friday we finished a week of radiation treatments, and we will next be starting an immuno-therapy regimen and a mild chemotherapy. A reservoir will be installed at the head area, and a catheter run through the brain area so the fluid surrounding the brain can be targeted for cancer cells.

I have not told her this is medically incurable, she still has the will to fight and I want her to keep fighting. The treatments are meant to keep her quality of life, at a "good" status. The radiation was to prevent paralysis.

I don't know if I'm right or selfish by not telling her. I would rather see the fighter I know than someone despondent. I have made peace with the inevitable, but I can't destroy her by telling her.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I even traded my truck in today for an SUV, it was a busy day. I drove my 1500 just to the oncologist (mom has been having increased difficulty getting in even with running boards and my lifting assistance) and on rare occasions to work or to visit family. I have been a truck guy for most of my life, but with today's craziness, the dealership offered a bit above $30K for my 2018 with less than 32K miles. So I went with a Buick Enclave Preferred, it drove nicely for a NOT-TRUCK, very roomy for a portly fellow like myself. I still have my Duramax for hauling and possibly towing, so I'm not truck-less.

ETA, too damn many screens and a lack of real buttons, and a gear shift is going to take a bit to get used to. I do like the HUD, I can pretend I'm flying LOL!!!

Last edited:

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    Very sorry to hear that.
    If it were you, would you want to know? Could backfire if she finds out from the doctors and that you knew.

She hopes to be able to go outside and work in her yard again someday, I can't take that dream of returning to normal away. This has been a hard journey since 2014 when her life started to go into the crapper.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    My mother passed just over 2 years ago from cancer. The situation was exactly the opposite though. She didn't let us know how bad things were until shortly before she passed. She had beaten cancer about 6 years ago. Then when the 'Rona virus came out, she was supposed to go in for an appointment to check up and see if she was still clear. She was afraid to catch covid, so she never went back for a followup. Well, she got real sick, found out the cancer had returned, and after she was in the hospital for 3 days, she caught the very disease she was so afraid of. Her not going in for a followup due to her fear of covid, allowed the cancer to take hold and spread to her hips, her back, and her liver.

2ManyGuns

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    My mother passed just over 2 years ago from cancer. The situation was exactly the opposite though. She didn't let us know how bad things were until shortly before she passed. She had beaten cancer about 6 years ago. Then when the 'Rona virus came out, she was supposed to go in for an appointment to check up and see if she was still clear. She was afraid to catch covid, so she never went back for a followup. Well, she got real sick, found out the cancer had returned, and after she was in the hospital for 3 days, she caught the very disease she was so afraid of. Her not going in for a followup due to her fear of covid, allowed the cancer to take hold and spread to her hips, her back, and her liver.
    I'm sorry to hear that she let her fear win. My mother has always been a tough old lady.

glenbo

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    Prayer sent for your mom and family. I mentioned once before that perhaps there should be a forum just for cancer, since so many of us have family that have or have had cancer, or many of the members have or have had cancer. It's getting harder to find a family that hasn't been affected.

I hope you've done the right thing. She will be in my prayers.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I have not been posting anything lately, things were looking pretty good, a few weeks back at a routine scan, new growths were noticed in the lower back, Stage IIIC, no cure medically possible. Friday we finished a week of radiation treatments, and we will next be starting an immuno-therapy regimen and a mild chemotherapy. A reservoir will be installed at the head area, and a catheter run through the brain area so the fluid surrounding the brain can be targeted for cancer cells.

I have not told her this is medically incurable, she still has the will to fight and I want her to keep fighting. The treatments are meant to keep her quality of life, at a "good" status. The radiation was to prevent paralysis.

I don't know if I'm right or selfish by not telling her. I would rather see the fighter I know than someone despondent. I have made peace with the inevitable, but I can't destroy her by telling her.
    PRAYERS AND WARM WISHES SHE GETS BETTER!

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Khughes93
    Top Bottom