• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 87'vette

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    NO Glocks???

I've owned more GLOCKS than I care to list. Currently I only have 1911's. The feel of a 1911 is WAY better than any of the Glocks I owned. Having said that, I'm buying a G29SF real soon, and a G20SF in the near future.
    These two will be my only Glocks for a LOONG time.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Although I'm not a fanatic about Glocks, I think they are okay, and have G19 that I have no intention of selling. But I understand wanting to move to something else.

So, you want a 9mm but all steel? CZ comes to mind.

I just sold my G19 through the forum and have replaced it with a Dan Wesson PM9 - being shipped as we speak

pix110156531.gif

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    Got bored today and picked up one of these today.
    RUGER%20LCP.jpg

Still looking for my next 9mm..........

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    i, believe it or not, just purchased(almost)said g19 and am tickled to death about it!
    i had one 8-9 years ago but sold it to a buddy and have been going back and forth periodically for one ever since.
    i bought an xdm in 9 and it wasn't a fit although my xd40 is pretty good; just not as small as a g19.
    my 1911 skills have disappeared since i brought home my first xd. i bought an operator, my dream gun for years, and couldn't hit squat. i even called Deb at SA and asked about it & told her my problem. she asked me if i could shoot 1911s before i got into xds and i said yes. she told me she has heard that before! funny thing is i bought it from a guy who got into xds as well!

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Hey Mike!

It was difficult to let the 19 go but once I located a PM 9 I had to choose one to give up - it was the 19 only because I had a Crimson Trace on the XD9
    G19XD9_filtered.jpg

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I had thought about it but decided to use the money towards a Ruger 22/45. :cool: I was 100% on picking up a Kel Tec P3AT, I like Kel Tec's, but this was the same price and the fit and finish of the Ruger is much better.

I need to take a look at the FNP-9 to see if it is a fit for me or I may revert to the G19 and play it safe. Still looking for a Beretta 96 to try out. Problem is everytime I go into a gun store I find something else on my want list.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've owned 7 Glocks and a buttload 1911a1's. Most are gone now but I have some very pleasant memories of all of them.

For me, the absolute, granite reliability of the Glock is a real draw. That Glock will function no matter what and the only times I've had trouble with them, it was due to a lot of rounds fired through a dirty pistol virtually devoid of lubrication. A brand new Glock will kick start and fire right off.

The model 17 is the only pistol actually designed and tested to be fired under water. That is a horrenndous abuse of a pistol but it will continue ticking like a Timex. Glock gets points for that!

I bought brand new 1911's that needed 1000 rounds to make them reliable. That is simply not OK and since manufacturing tolerances have been revised, it's largely a thing of the past. The old timers will tell you about the bad old days when a brand new 1911 pistol couldn't be trusted.

I like the magazines of the Glocks. They are liight and sturdy. I did a lot of "combat" shooting with reload stages. The 1911 mags needed a pad at the bottom. We used to glue them on all the time. If you mess up a mag base on a Glock, just depress a button, replace the base and you're back in business.

Trigger pulls on the Glocks suck. It's a long, spongy pull......nasty. That classic 4 pound trigger pull of the 1911 is the standard pistols in this world are compared to. A good 1911 trigger is as good as it gets!

Disassembling the Glocks is where my attachment to them ends. The internal parts of a Glock look like a kid designed them. The ejectors are junky and scary. OK....they work very well. The problem is that the biggest factor in pistol shooting is confidence in the equipment. If you're going to shoot WELL, you must have positive feelings about your equipment or it just won't click. The Glocks miss that mark for me.

I like the Glocks but overall, the 1911 is the best for me.

Flash

Wraith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2009
    DFW
    I loved the Glock's until I found out about those old man 1911's.
    In my eyes Glock's are a tool, the ultimate hammer, it does what it is supposed to every time without fail, but like most tools it lacks asthetics which I find the 1911's do it for me now. I will own another Glock but I won't own several anymore, the older I get the more I appreciate all types of guns for what they do different than others. Hell, I hadn't owned a revolver until a year ago and now I love them.

That being said my carry gun is a Colt Defender. Of course if I get a 1911 in 9mm that would cover all bases....

Texas Bulldog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    San Antonio, Tx
    Funny thing for me is that im really not a fan of Glocks... although I have owned 6 in the past year. Usually get a good deal on them or an up-trade and i can't turn it down. 17/17L/19/26/27/30 and i didn't like any of them... I respect their fanbase and all the parts available but i just couldn't shoot it properly... most guns i can put a 3" group at 10yards, the Glocks were all closer to 5"... still good enough for self defense but... Enhh..

ALTHOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!! i recently got Glock 23c (compensated) and i actually enjoy shooting it!.... not my favorite to shoot but out of 40 or so to choose from, its easily mid-upper mid pack to bring to the range :)

xdmikey

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    cypress, tx
    the g19 was dead on for me aim wise; the 17 not so much.
    what really got me back on the 19 was a book i read called "No Angel". an fbi agent goes UC to infiltrate the hell's angels, and was successful. he carried two g19s!
    then i read a thread somewhere(i have no life)about one rifle, one pistol, get the hell out, kind of a bug out thread i guess and the g19 was bantered about regularly due to size & simplicity of operation.
    i'd be more likey to 'open up' a glock than my xd although lots of guys due it.

Top Bottom