• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Hobby Gunsmith

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2024
    Hialeah
    Hey everyone,

I’m excited (and a bit nervous) to share my very first firearm review and disassembly/reassembly video with you all. As someone who’s been passionate about firearms for years, I’ve finally taken the plunge into creating content around this hobby and would greatly appreciate your support and feedback.

The video features a detailed review of the Bauer Automatic .25, a classic pocket pistol that's small in size but big in reputation. I walk through its features, performance, and history, followed by a step-by-step disassembly to help others understand how to safely take it apart and reassemble it.

This is my first attempt at this kind of content, and I’ve been experimenting with new video editing techniques and a different filming setup. Since this community is full of knowledgeable and experienced firearm enthusiasts, I’m really hoping to get some constructive criticism on the video quality, editing, and overall presentation.

I’d love for you to check it out and let me know what you think:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    I love mine.........overall good video.......................

Enigma57

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2020
    Dallas/ Fort Worth Area
    Cool little pistols. Since I'm a hobbyist gunsmith myself I really enjoy watching firearm disassembly videos. I actually prefer the total firearm disassembly type over the basic field strip ones, but for a lot of people these are what they need or want. I thought it was a well put together video and was really impressed with the lighting since there are so many out there that are way too dark. You did a great job going slow and keeping your hands out of the way once you began demonstrating the field disassembling procedures. With that said, people are usually quickly disconnected if too much time is spent on talking about the gun i.e. what it is, development, or the specifications of the gun and any personal opinions of the pros and cons of the gun to be disassembled. This is a disassembly video and shouldn't include a gun review unless noted in the title. It took 4 minutes to get into the actual disassembly which most will fast forward depending on their needs. The quick visual and manual safety check is definitely needed prior to beginning but again, don't dwell on it too long which you didn't in this case, good job. Overall, decent video, I would recommend it to others needing a visual field stripping demonstration. Take care and good luck.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Very well done sir.

Did not know that they are collectible.

Now I wish I didn’t get rid of my unfired one 30 years ago.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Great video. The only thing I would recommend is to turn off the auto-tracking on the camera at the beginning.

Top Bottom