My ever evolving Charter Arms Undercover.

SQLGeek

Wheel Gun Nut
TGT Supporter
Sep 22, 2017
Richmond
Nice gun. I have been looking at Charter myself recently for a knock around pocket gun.

Gotta be the second dumbest idea
I hadn't ever heard of this. Googled it and holy moly....you're right. That's a bad idea that should stay in the 20th century.

jar

Aug 26, 2008
The Valley
Jar,

Count yourself LUCKY. - In the "PC World of 2020", I would not want to be a rookie/young LEO. = I did my "time in the barrel" when most people still thought well of peace officers.

Truthfully, if this current "SJW thing" goes on much longer, I don't know where we will find decent folks to BE a Peace Officer.
(I worked for a couple of years in Upstate NY & hardly anybody that I knew is still on the job, IF they could retire. LOTS of other LEOs, who didn't have enough time in to retire, have simply QUIT.)

SAD SITUATION, imVho.

yours, satx
We always need to remember that Law Enforcement, the Military and Civilians all face different threats and risks as well as different needs and constraints.

One of the major problems being a LEO these days is pretty much the same as what we face in infrastructure. Decisions were made to not fund maintenance, upkeep and upgrade of our infrastructure and also in funding the services that address the basic causes of violence and crime.

It's not an issue of "PC" but rather an issue that we decided to defund the basic societal root safety nets and have continued that practice for a half century now. Instead we expected our Law Enforcement to become the medical clinicians, social workers, maintenance workers and odd job folk.

Didn't work in LE or Infrastructure but will most likely take at least another half century to correct.

Axxe55

Professional Troublemaker
Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
Named after the initial modifier.
I have seen such pistols before, just never knew there was a name attached to that particular modifications.

Ed McGivern, the old fast draw exhibition shooter from the 1930's, 1940's and up into the 1950's used several revolvers with the trigger guards modded in such a fashion.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_McGivern

Axxe55

Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
Nice gun. I have been looking at Charter myself recently for a knock around pocket gun.

I hadn't ever heard of this. Googled it and holy moly....you're right. That's a bad idea that should stay in the 20th century.
Yes, it does! I did see a Glock that was modded with NO trigger guard on Gunbroker for sale some years ago. The seller was asking stupid money for the pistol. I'll see if I can locate some pictures of it.

Geezer

Available For Parties
TGT Supporter
Jul 23, 2019
Silsbee, Texas
A buddy back in SC probably Fitzed as many revolvers as Fitzgerald did. Many times when he would acquire a short barrel S&W or Colt, he would do a Fitz job on it. He always would say that all of the others in the world would be worth more.

Bill Jordan would narrow the trigger guard on his revolvers. I've wanted to do this to my old Model 36 but I just haven't done it yet.

Axxe55

Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
A buddy back in SC probably Fitzed as many revolvers as Fitzgerald did. Many times when he would acquire a short barrel S&W or Colt, he would do a Fitz job on it. He always would say that all of the others in the world would be worth more.

Bill Jordan would narrow the trigger guard on his revolvers. I've wanted to do this to my old Model 36 but I just haven't done it yet.
John Wayne would use many of his own personal weapons in his movies. Several of his SAA Colts were modified with larger trigger guards to accommodate his large hands.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
Lifetime Member
Oct 4, 2013
Gunz are icky.
I've been wanting to try out the Charter Arms .32mag gun called the "professional".
Haven't seen one in the wild yet.

satx78247

TGT Addict
Jun 23, 2014
John Wayne would use many of his own personal weapons in his movies. Several of his SAA Colts were modified with larger trigger guards to accommodate his large hands.
Roy Scheider ("Chief Brody") & John Wayne are the only 2 actors that I can think offhand that used their own weapons in their movies. = Most movie guns & the vintage cars are RENTED from a prop house.
(Roy Scheider bought his from DCM, before CMP was established. IF I remember correctly he paid about 50 bucks for it. - I read that in some article about the making of JAWS.)

yours, satx

Axxe55

Dec 15, 2019
Texas.
Roy Scheider ("Chief Brody") & John Wayne are the only 2 actors that I can think offhand that used their own weapons in their movies. = Most movie guns are RENTED from a prop house.
(Roy Scheider bought his from DCM, before CMP was established. IF I remember correctly he paid about 50 bucks for it. - I read that in some article about the making of JAWS.)

yours, satx
Chuck Connors. He owned one of the rifles that was modified for the series, The Rifleman. Tom Selleck. Owned a couple of the rifles used in the movie, Quigley Down Under. One of them he donated to the NRA Museum.

Top Bottom