• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stalker19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2012
    Mom's basement
    Funny you guys mentioned that. I recently replaced my barrel and bolt; also deciding to go with a Troy Alpha rail. The TRX design is being replaced with these. So far, there is a lot to like. I will see how it holds up over time.

photo (27).jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Texas
    I just finished my AR15 .233/.556
    Delton upper & lower, unlined
    All MagPul accessories
    Nikon M223 3-12x40 BDC 600
    Mounted in a Perp +1
    Fenix TK21 Tactical light
    Aimshot Greendot
    Grip Pod
    I usually have a Trijicon Reflex on the Perp, but you see a ND40 Subzero up top. Did some night hog hunting this weekend.. Accuracy so far with bulk ammo is 2" @ 100' I'm very happy with Delton so far.
    4b6fee06-b1fc-32fa.jpg

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    My only advice is to keep it simple.

I just completed an AR Instructor course. A couple of guys had all sorts of high speed, low drag stuff. None of that made them shoot any better, and one was actually bad. I guess he looked cool, though.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    My only advice is to keep it simple.

I just completed an AR Instructor course. A couple of guys had all sorts of high speed, low drag stuff. None of that made them shoot any better, and one was actually bad. I guess he looked cool, though.

Yeah, my goal is to try to keep it nice and simple. I don't plan on hunting hogs at night, although I wouldn't mind to. When I find time I read more and more about this stuff, trying to educate myself more. At this point the only things I'll be putting on it will be: an Aimpoint T-1, Magpul BUIS, LaRue's handstop, and a light(not sure which one yet). Of course this is all subject to change, but my main objective is to keep my rifle lightweight.

I have however, decided on what lower I'll be looking for at the gun show. I've determined that for funzies, I'll be looking for Spike's Tactical lowers in hopes I find the punisher logo lower. If not, I'm shooting for a PSA lower to save some $$$. I've never read anything bad about them, and I've read they are made by the same company as Spike's.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    And honestly, with the current state of affairs in our country(this crazy election season), I'm tempted to go ahead and do a budget build, skip out on a BCM rifle at the moment, and just build it another day. I feel like I should have a rifle, and I can afford one of these PSA upper kits relatively soon - sooner than I could build that BCM upper anyways.

Thoughts?

itchin

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    I've used a RRA kit with zero problems before. It was on a RRA stripped lower though. I did notice the pins for the NM 2 stage trigger group are oversized, and are required to be tapped in.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I would go for quantity right now. Obama will likely get re-elected and the lunacy that we saw after the 2008 election will be like a cake walk compared to the run on guns and parts.

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Half of me says I need to go crazy and buy everything now. The other half of me says I shouldn't buy into this.

I'm really trying to be smart about this, and not push myself into debt so close to a time when I'll be needing to move ~500 miles in 3 months.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    I would not go into debt. I was merely saying guns are a good investment right now while they are cheap. That may not be the case in a few months. After the last election it took over a year for prices to come back down to normal.

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I would not go into debt. I was merely saying guns are a good investment right now while they are cheap. That may not be the case in a few months. After the last election it took over a year for prices to come back down to normal.

i think it took a bit longer and some guys havent got the memo yet either lmao. i hated that time, nobody ever had anything in stock, everything was backordered out 6 months or more, ammo supply sucked. it was about $650 or more for 1000rds of 223/556 55gr.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Half of me says I need to go crazy and buy everything now. The other half of me says I shouldn't buy into this.

I'm really trying to be smart about this, and not push myself into debt so close to a time when I'll be needing to move ~500 miles in 3 months.

It would be absolutely stupid and irresponsible to put yourself in a financial bind over an AR15. Ask yourself this: what is the likelihood that not having an AR15 for a year or two will be detrimental to your survival?

RstyShcklfrd

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Dallas
    Good point. I'm very good at budgeting my money, but at this time things are just changing so rapidly it's hard for me to formulate a plan. I'm sure I'll have the lower built by mid-June at the very least.

Top Bottom