• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • madwildcat

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Apr 5, 2012
    Frisco, TX
    AI written article callled Bastrop a “suburb” of Austin.
    What would make it "not" a suburb of Austin? The distance is the same from Dallas center to Prosper, and that would be considered still the suburbs up here. I haven't traveled that area in a while. Is it just the lack of urban sprawl between them?

I can't see Musk putting the company there if the infrastructure wouldn't support it.

Eastexasrick

Isn't it pretty to think so.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 2, 2022
    Cass County TX.
    What would make it "not" a suburb of Austin? The distance is the same from Dallas center to Prosper, and that would be considered still the suburbs up here. I haven't traveled that area in a while. Is it just the lack of urban sprawl between them?

I can't see Musk putting the company there if the infrastructure wouldn't support it.
    Valid question. Answer, time.

Urban sprawl and suburbs. I see you are in Frisco. First time I drove through Frisco, in the 70s, it was not a suburb. Population under 2K, with 2 operating gas stations. Preston between Richardson and Frisco was a 2 lane bar ditch road, gravel in some places. Prosper was under 500 occupied dwellings. Now Prosper, as well as Celina and Gunther are suburbs. Simply a function of time.

Top Bottom