• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    PSA: Played this twin fiddle version by request once again just last week at the service of a friend's deceased son here in Hot Springs.

Been requested quite a few too many times since we recorded it over 20 years ago. I usually play the file at the grave site, simply using an iPhone and a Bluetooth Bose SoundLink Revolve+ (Series II) sitting on the ground. Unobtrusive, no muss, no fuss.

Warning: By the time the twin fiddles kick in tears are falling, and when the solo fiddle fades into the distance at the end the flood starts.

I have an MP4 file should anyone might want a copy for a similar purpose, just PM me and you're welcome to it.

Last edited:

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    She grew up in the MS Delta. These lyrics, which she wrote, for me have been a bit haunting for decades.
    That song has haunted me since the first time I heard it... and I didn't even know Billie Joe...

Last edited:

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    PSA: Played this twin fiddle version by request once again just last week at the service of a friend's deceased son here in Hot Springs.

Been requested quite a few too many times since we recorded it over 20 years ago. I usually play the file at the grave site, simply using an iPhone and a Bluetooth Bose SoundLink Revolve+ (Series II) sitting on the ground. Unobtrusive, no muss, no fuss.

Warning: By the time the twin fiddles kick in tears are falling, and when the solo fiddle fades into the distance at the end the flood starts.

I have an MP4 file should anyone might want a copy for a similar purpose, just PM me and you're welcome to it.

Wow! You could just jump to 2:01, but don't. Ya gotta hear the opening act to appreciate the twin stars.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Wow! You could just jump to 2:01, but don't. Ya gotta hear the opening act to appreciate the twin stars.
    The idea was to represent the beginning, middle and end of a life with the instrumental arrangement/mix.

Often, and if it seems appropriate, and as the ceremony ends and the last words are spoken, I'll start it again cue'd up at 3:09, and let just the solo fiddle fade out.

Makes a nice end to the service that folks seem to really like.

Top Bottom