• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    It's not always hate...but glockbois believing the perfection thing don't help.
    Personally, it's not the grip angle, it's the girth and blocky shape (double stack, yeah, yeah...)
    Kind of like holding a section of fence post.
    You are correct about the Glock perfection fanatics, but the 1911 crowd has it's share of them too.

I guess I have big hands because I really like the Glock grip. In fact I put one size larger beavertail back strap on my G20.

But like I always say, choosing a handgun is like choosing good boots. One size does not fit all.

retired_tim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2019
    McKinney, Tx
    I have multiple handguns of all kinds too, but also have three Glocks.
    I actually prefer to carry a Glock. The much hated grip angle is perfect for me and I never have to worry about holster wear, scratches and nicks, or if it gets wet or filthy.
    It's not going to get any uglier and my pretty guns can be babied and saved for recreational shooting.

I really never understood the Glock hate thing.
    I dont hate Glocks....just never found one that appealed to me. :)

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    I have a variety of handguns in all sizes both metal and polymer, calibers and capacities. However, I have never owned a Glock. Who else is in this "club?"
    wondernine collection 2024.jpg

I think one should own a little bit of everything.

kbaxter60

Consider the Source
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    You are correct about the Glock perfection fanatics, but the 1911 crowd has it's share of them too.

I guess I have big hands because I really like the Glock grip. In fact I put one size larger beavertail back strap on my G20.

But like I always say, choosing a handgun is like choosing good boots. One size does not fit all.
    Yep. My mitts are probably average, no more. I fired my SIL's service Glock and could do fine. But switching back to the 1911....ahhhhhhhh...

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas
    When the Glick,Glack, Glock came to America I rushed out to get one.
    Of course none to be had. Saw a guy shooting one at my shooting spot in the desert and politely asked if I could handle it. He said go ahead and shoot that mag full.
    I did and It was different than anything I'd ever shot previously other than a Contender.
    About 10 years later I tried another one.
    About 5-6 years later I tried another one.
    15 years ago due to the continous Hype I tried 4 different models or should I say numbers. Don't know what they were all 9s and one 45.
    Just not for me found nothing special or outstanding with any of them. So other than the Hype it's another polymer pistol.
    I do not own one myself.
    Added:::: at this last Glock event I also shot a little mini Sig 1911 in 9mm.
    What a fkn POS that was. Two mags and I was done.
    Note I had no hard feelings or negative things to say about the Glock I just had no feelings for it at all. :)

Last edited:

paknheat

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Texas, Somewhere near Palestine
    Didn’t own a Glock for quite a while. Nothing against them, was just more into revolvers, 1911s, Ruger P series at the time.

Had a cousin come to a family reunion in the late 90’s that was sheriff in Crockett County who brought one to play with. Had to admit that I liked it and shot it very well.

Now I have a couple in the collection & I am in the process of putting together a couple of gen 3 clones.

The one I don’t have in the collection right now and hands down are my favorites are the S&W 40 or 50 series DAO pistols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    They are reliable pistols. I think alot of people get hung up on the 'perfection' marketing and also when the gun world went through the whole 'if its not a glock 19 it sucks' era.

I prefer m&p 2.0s for .9mm plastic guns but will stick with Glock on the large frames (.45 and 10mm).

Last edited:

wakosama

Collapse now - Avoid the rush
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2022
    Spring
    had 'Dad's' 1911s for years. always shot low and hard to compensate quickly. but I had/carried a Luger for years previous 'over there'...
    Picked up a first gen G21 at the range back in 2000 or so. put the first mag all in the black. just saying...

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

Way back when GLOCKS first hit, the panicked libtards chanted ’’It’s PLASTIC; can’t be seen on X-Ray! We are doomed !’’

So I X-rayed a couple. They looked like big pistols full of ammo on the images. No way to mistake them.

When the G21 came out, I bought one, but found it too big to carry as EDC. Then got a G19, but never shot either.

Carried 1911’s, PPKS, J-frames, even the 4’’ Python.

Then one day. my instructor told me to take a .45 to the range. For some reason, i grabbed the G21 instead of a Colt. Shooting that sucker converted me immediately.

Now, 99% of MY EDC’S are GLOCKS.

<>

Txhighlander

In the end is where we begin.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 25, 2021
    Cass county Texas
    I have owned a few Glocks, 19, 17 , 22, 30, 36 and have shot many more. I currently own 0. I do carry a Glock clone that works much better for me. Shadow Systems XR 920. I don't hate them but I have many others I love. The only other plastic frame
    stuff I have is a Ruger mk 4 and H&K 45c.

Support
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    kbansal98
    Top Bottom