• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I have ammo cans with inserts for magazines, plain ammo cans I use, a few soft cases that can carry a few magazines and pistols. Figured I would try a plastic magazine holder/storage for my pistol magazines from MTM. The weight, plastic, and inserts work better I feel than a heavy metal ammo can for having some extra magazines and protecting them, as some magazines are expensive and it’s cheaper to replace spring vs hunting down new expensive or rare magazines. Did a video on two of the MTM’s for pistols.

Military Camp

magholder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2021
    Utah
    I don't have the MTM version of this but have actually a much larger plastic ammo can that has the foam inserts for magazines. I got it off Amazon. I can fit a bunch of magazines in it. I'll have to find the pic somewhere and post it.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I’ve seen these in the stores. You like how they work?
    I like their size and portability. Don’t have to worry about a larger heavy metal can hitting doorways or my vehicle when moving things around.

Mostly for my Wilson 1911 magazines and Mk23/USP magazines to stay organized and not get beat up from sliding around.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I have individual gun rugs for all my pistols.
    Room for 5 mags in each one.
    Mags stay in their respective gun rugs, so no looking for/forgetting mags.
    Keeps them organized as well.
    No need to carry an extra box to the range just to hold mags.

Other extra mags are kept in a tub, basically the same size as MTM box.

CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    It's nice and neat, but the can could possibly hold 50+ mags, and it's being limited to 16.

I use them for protecting some of my more expensive magazines and ease of access at the range.

I have larger metal cans, with AR and Beretta mags that slide around and weigh a lot. Some have foam inserts. Good for just storing, but more a pain for lugging the whole thing to shoot 5 to 16 magazines of ammo. 15 rounds, 16 magazines, 240 rounds of ammo. 17 rounds, 16 magazines, 272. Rare I would ever shoot more than that at training or a range in one day.

Top Bottom