• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Mrs Pronstar hasn’t been happy with the ride of her Suburban.

A while back, I replaced the factory setup with yellow Bilsteins. But the ride still felt incredibly under-damped, especially the rear.

So I replaced the rears with Fox 2.0 shocks, and it got a bit better.

But it still felt under-damped, only in front now, and it really didn’t react well to small, high-frequency bumps…it just felt like it was blowing through the valving.

Adding to this, Suburbans are pretty low in front. A few years of constant scraping, mostly in our own driveway, was really starting to tear away at the front bumper retainers.

I figured I’d put some effort into the front end.
    Since I wanted to raise the front a bit, I went with some upper control arms to correct the angles and also gain an additional 2 inches of wheel travel.

I can report that this thing really rides like a Caddy now. No more scraping. And thankfully, I don’t think it looks too ridiculous with the OEM-sized Michelins…with 3.08 gears from the factory, I didn’t really want to regear for larger tires.

Mrs Pronstar is a happy camper now.
    And it’s done just in time for our upcoming road trip to CA.

IMG_0055.jpeg
    IMG_0058.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0061.jpeg
    Hurley's Gold

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Mrs Pronstar hasn’t been happy with the ride of her Suburban.

A while back, I replaced the factory setup with yellow Bilsteins. But the ride still felt incredibly under-damped, especially the rear.

So I replaced the rears with Fox 2.0 shocks, and it got a bit better.

But it still felt under-damped, only in front now, and it really didn’t react well to small, high-frequency bumps…it just felt like it was blowing through the valving.

Adding to this, Suburbans are pretty low in front. A few years of constant scraping, mostly in our own driveway, was really starting to tear away at the front bumper retainers.

I figured I’d put some effort into the front end.
    Since I wanted to raise the front a bit, I went with some upper control arms to correct the angles and also gain an additional 2 inches of wheel travel.

I can report that this thing really rides like a Caddy now. No more scraping. And thankfully, I don’t think it looks too ridiculous with the OEM-sized Michelins…with 3.08 gears from the factory, I didn’t really want to regear for larger tires.

Mrs Pronstar is a happy camper now.
    And it’s done just in time for our upcoming road trip to CA.

View attachment 389191 View attachment 389192 View attachment 389193 View attachment 389194
    YOU COUL ALSO TRY SOME ADJUSTABLE SHOCKS AND IAL IN THE REBOUND AN COMPRESSION TO HER STYLE OF DRIVING AND ROAD CONDITIONS!

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    QA1 single adjustables aren't that terribly expensive, or at least they weren't 20 years ago lol. Looks like a fair upgrade for sure. They definitely don't put dampers on that can control the mass, probably for safety. They don't want soccer moms trying to sling a few tons through turns, over potholes, curbs, small children, big children. .... husbands ... so they make them scary as shit to even try.

Top Bottom