• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It was a slow day today even for a retired man so I decided to see "Beyond The Lights" at the Senior cheap show. Others had rated this flick fairly well but I found out.....They lied!

There was a feeling of impending doom as I approached the theater.

It was around the full moon and the theater was totally empty except for me! I should have taken those clues and escaped while I could! In fact, 1/2 way through the movie, I needed a pit stop and as I entered the washroom, I considered fleeing!

This flick may be the most boring movie that I've ever seen. Almost every line was delivered in monotone because that's how "Cool" people talk. Sigh.........

There were some interesting changes in the main characters that were good to see but, I wasted two hours of my life on this turd.

I rated the movie a D-. Spare yourself the agony and skip this one!

Flash
    Guns International

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    Just googled it. Think it's a chick flick. Doesn't seem like your type of movie haha.

Though she's been groomed for stardom all her life by an overbearing mother (Minnie Driver), singer…*Noni (Gugu Mbatha-Raw) is having trouble dealing with her success. Feeling unable to cope any longer, Noni tries to kill herself, but luckily Kaz (Nate Parker), the police officer assigned to be her bodyguard, thwarts her suicide attempt. Noni and Kaz feel an instant attraction, but those in their orbit oppose the romance for fear the pair will stray from the course planned out for both of them.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I usually go to the movies with my friend Bonnie. She showed better judgement that I did. She stayed home!

I would ask those who rated this flick at 4 stars......Did you actually see/sit through/endure this movie? This thing was deadly boring!

Flash

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I usually go to the movies with my friend Bonnie. She showed better judgement that I did. She stayed home!

I would ask those who rated this flick at 4 stars......Did you actually see/sit through/endure this movie? This thing was deadly boring!

Flash

I normally like your reviews, but, you went to a "chick flick" that your "chick" didn't want to see, lol.....

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Seems the characters names would be warning enough. The plot should me an enormous stop sign.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I've known Bonnie for about 15 years and I'm confident that she would have had to swallow the vomit welling up in her throat from seeing this rubbish. That chick wouldn't tolerate "Beyond The Lights!"

It was poor judgement on my part and I paid dearly for it! You cannot "unsee" something. I can only warn others not to make the same mistake....snicker.

Here's the warning:
    Do not slam your dick in the door, stick beans up your nose, shoot yourself in the foot or see "Beyond the Lights!"

Flash

Last edited:
    Top Bottom