• Status
    Not open for further replies.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    It was hot today so Bonnie & I slid out to the Senior Matinee of "Mission Impossible- Rogue Nation"

We saw all 2 hours 11 minutes of this Tom Cruise flick and both of us had the same reaction.....great flick!

Tom Cruise is maturing as an actor and has come light years from the brash, cocky Maverick character. Actually, I secretly enjoyed his unrelenting pursuit of the lady whom we now know is a Lesbian. Way to go, Tom!

In this flick, Cruise finally arrives at maturity. He is believable and real.

The well advertised scene where he actually takes off by grabbing the tail area of an aircraft in flight is right at the first few scenes. Don't be late! That is just one of many outrageous but typical Mission Impossible stunts you'll be treated to. This is an action packed flick!

MI has everything that I secretly attend movies to see. Car chases, shootouts, amazing motorcycle chases are here in abundance!

Rebecca Ferguson is another treat! She is a dead ringer for Catherine Zeta-Jones and her accomplishments as a fighter are awe inspiring! Yes, it's true....I was smitten!

In this tale, the IMF force is being defunded and disbanded so the fantastic force gets to the bottom of it. Tricks, double crosses, lies of all types come into play and the stunts are incredible!

Language was moderate but there were some grisly killings. The car and motorcycle chases more than made up for any negative content. There were no sexual scenes.

I got a bit sleepy when the group was planning the caper but things picked up very quickly and I stayed glued to my seat. I was sorry to see the movie end.

I highly recommend this flick! I waited a while to see it so many of our members may be able to fill in some of the blanks. Bonnie and I both gave it an A+. You'll be sorry if you miss this visual treat!

After seeing a number of real lemons lately, this flick restored my enthusiasm for going to the movies!

Flash
    Hurley's Gold

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Saw it in, of all places, Guantanamo Bay, Cuba at a free outdoor showing. While it was entertaining, I didn't think it was any different or better than the other Mission: Impossible films. Had it not been free and I didn't have anything else to do, I could have easily waited until it came out on Netflix before seeing it...

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Like the Bourne movie series, Mission Impossible has found a winning formula that it follows. Don't expect them to deviate from the standard. Like most of these flicks, if you change some of the faces and tweak the story a bit......TA DA! It's a new movie!

The fact remains, Rebecca Ferguson is worth seeing. It's a shame they couldn't have written in some gratuitous sex and nudity.

Flash

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Thanks for the review. I will purchase the movie once released on DVD.

As always, you should find some paper to post your reviews.

Be well.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    There are a lot more people on the payroll than just Tom Cruise

To describe the top-billed actor (who received an individual producer's credit as well as one for TC Productions) on a film grossing $272,335,932 (worldwide, through August 11) that was made on a $150 million production budget as merely 'on the payroll' is understating it more than just a little.

But hey, it's a free Teegeeack. Anybody that wants to can donate to Xenu.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    As a recently former military tech guy here, a lot of the technology shown was just sort of outlandish and borderline impossible and unbelievable from a realism standpoint. That being said, the movie was actually good enough to make me forget most all of that, which is really good. Great movie, and would definitely recommend to any action movie buff.

Savage20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    135 Los Gatos Rd
    To describe the top-billed actor (who received an individual producer's credit as well as one for TC Productions) on a film grossing $272,335,932 (worldwide, through August 11) that was made on a $150 million production budget as merely 'on the payroll' is understating it more than just a little.

But hey, it's a free Teegeeack. Anybody that wants to can donate to Xenu.
    I had to Google Teegeeack and Xenu. You sure know a lot about Tom Cruise, his films, and Scientology...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I don't have a dog in the Scientology fight and frankly don't give a flip about the late L Ron Hubbard, his church or anyone in it.

Let one of these entertainment pukes trash gun owners, the Second Amendment or the NRA and I'll come out of my corner ready to fight!

Flash

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    As a recently former military tech guy here, a lot of the technology shown was just sort of outlandish and borderline impossible and unbelievable from a realism standpoint. That being said, the movie was actually good enough to make me forget most all of that, which is really good. Great movie, and would definitely recommend to any action movie buff.

Gotta admit, some of the scenes are pretty ridiculous but maybe that's why they title the flicks "Mission Impossible!"

Flash

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Thought you didn't go to movies with anti gun actors in them. You gave Alec Baldwin money by going to this movie. I normally would not throw this in someone's face, but you were so adamant about the subject in another thread.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom