• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I am thinking of getting one of these and putting it on my standard 10/22. I think I need to mount the rail that came with it and then get some rings to mount it in. However, the rings seem to come in various heights and I am not sure which size is appropriate.

Can anyone who has experience provide some guidance?

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    Your rings will need to be high enough for your scope to clear the barrel. The closer the scope is to the barrel without touching, the better. If you are using the rail mount that came with your 10-22, you will probably need high rings for 40-50mm AO scopes. I use Burris Signature high rings for my 4-12x 40 AO which also worked with a 6-24x 50 AO.

Also, when you mount your rail, make sure that the bolt cycles freely and do not tighten the screws too tight. It is easy to strip out the scope mounting holes in the soft metal of the receiver. Once you have made sure that the screws will clear the bolt, take them back out and use some blue Lock-Tite on the screws. There is nothing more frustrating than to have your scope come loose during a trip to the range.

kurt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Tyler, Texas
    I have medium rings mounting my 1" scope with 40mm objective. Any larger and I'd have to go to taller rings.

DSCN1444.gif

skinman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Klein
    10-22 carbine with 3-9x 40 classic Redfield. This scope is mounted with a Butler Creek rail and Leopold mid rings.

IMG_0842.jpg

10-22 Custom Build with Simmons 6-24x 50 AO. Scope is mounted with a Leopold rail and Burris Signature hi rings.

IMG_0844.gif

Top Bottom