Motorcycle Trip From Cypress To Baton Rouge LA an Back Again.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Not in one day, Went up on a Sunday, Rain kept me there an extra week then returned on Saturday 19th.

Route was 1960 Crossing Lake Houston to Datyon TX and the Trinity River, Through Liberty on 90 and continued on 90 to Baumont TX for a quick ride on I10 to 12 though Vidor TX. Just before the border at Bon Wier, Texas I ate at a fried chicken place with not so good service but she was a cute blond. Crossed the Sabine River into LA. Just after DeQuincy LA it turns to 190. Crossed a huge bridge over the Atchafalaya River (not the long one on I10 this was shorter but BIG) then over the Mississippi River.

Link to Route::Farm to Market Road 529 & Fry Rd, TX to Baton Rouge, LA - Google Maps

Dinner Friday was at Acme Oyster House where the record oysters eaten is 40 dozen. Here is the list of those who ate 15 dozen or more.
    acmep.jpg

​

Picture of breakfast Saturday am at Frank's Restaurant in Baton Rouge before the trip home.
    breakfastm.jpg

Stopped for a Tank. (Veterans Memorial in Elton LA)
    elton, la - Google Maps

16656010200245046878682.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    those biscuits look........ OMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOM. dammit, now im hungry and want biscuits

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    those biscuits look........ OMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOM NOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNO MNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMN OMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOM OMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOM NOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOMOMNOMNOM. dammit, now im hungry and want biscuits

More sausage in that bowl than gravy, They didn't disappoint.

Till then::

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Matefrio. how many miles are you getting per tank?
    I like to start looking for gas at 100 miles on a tank. I put in around 2.7 to 3.2 gallons this trip at the 100 mile mark. I have a 4.5 gallon tank so I could get another 30 miles out of it easy.

I think with a tuneup I could get closer to 35 mpg.

Honestly about 125 miles I'm ready for a stop. More about the journey.

speedracer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    houston
    Hey that looks like boudain on that plate.Kind of like my breakfast,homemade sourdough biscuits,cheese grit with 2 pouched eggs on top,Burton sausage

Top Bottom