Capitol Armory ad

Mossburg 702 plinkster, know anything about it?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdwhite03

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    San Antonio
    I stopped off at a pawn shop today looking for a 10/22 and ended up walking out with a Mossburg 702 plinkster with a tasco scope for 50 bucks today. It was not what I was looking for but for the price I thought what the heck. Before I paid for it I did a quick search on gunbroker and there were several of them selling for around 140. It seems to be in good working order, just dirty and grimy. After a good cleaning I plan on trying it out.

Any thoughts on this rifle? I am hoping that it will be a good starter 22 for my son in a year or so, since it is pretty light and relatively short.

I dont know much about it but being a Mossburg I figured it cant be all bad.

TD
    DK Firearms

Clockwork

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    San Antonio, TX
    I've fired my buddy's kids' 702 Plinkster and loved it. It's a great little 22. Accurate out of the box with iron sights.

They make an AR-styled Plinkster that I've seen on Gunbroker from time to time for aroun $200 as well, if you're not feeling the "rifle look" to the 702. I'd jump on one for $50, really. Spray some brake free in there and clean it up a bit and should be good as new. I've been wanting to pick up a Plinkster for my girlfriend so she can get a bit more comfortable firing guns. She still jumps a little when shes shooting my 9mms. :)

Mic

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Austin
    I've got one. It's a nice little gun. In hindsight, I wish I had bought a 10/22. So much more aftermarket support out there - and this was really true for magazines. Only 10 rounders available and they aren't so cheap.

It's a nice gun though and that's a good price.

Top Bottom