• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    Does anyone know if a mossberg 500 and 590 use the same forearm? I have a 590 that came with some kind of laser integrated forearm that crapped out and I just want to put a regular one on. Its the 590 with the bayo lug, heat guard, heavier barrel etc.

Thanks
    Texas SOT

mucho12ga

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Houston
    Yes they can interchange forearms of the same length. Yours is a 7 5/8" version I'm sure. All 590's comes with those.

From Havlin Sales & Service - Mossberg Gun Parts

beforeoldstyle..jpg

Comparison of action slide lengths: top 7-5/8”, bottom 6-1/2” Measure from top of threads to bottom of collar that holds the action bars. This measurement is critical to fit when ordering forearms or stock sets that include a forearm. For the most part, 20-year and older sporting shotguns and new tactical shotguns use the 7-5/8” slide. New sporting models have used the 6-1/2” slide for almost 20 years. There are exceptions, however. To be sure, measure![FONT] NOTE[/FONT][FONT]:[/FONT][FONT] Since 2006, most new 500®, 535® and 835® sporting shotguns with synthetic forearms may not use an action slide tube at all; rather, the pump handle will have two integral bars pinned into the handle itself. If you have one of these, you cannot use a forearm that was designed to go over an action slide tube without first buying the correct length tube and action slide tube nut.[/FONT]

Top Bottom