• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rustycheetah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    San Antonio
    hey guys i am looking to buy a mosin nagant would like it to be in the 150 dollar range i am in the san antonio area but willing to ship it to me thank you guys very much my name is travis and you can text me at 210 376 0266
    Target Sports

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    SAXET gun show at the first weekend of the month. you can walk out the door with one for various prices. its where i got mine. theres a dude who pretty much sells almost nothing but mosins.

RandomHero

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Northwest San Antonio
    i think he is located somewhere in the middle (the last 2 months i went). you will notice him by his racks of Mosins. If you get there early enough on day 1 you can buy a Mosin then move over to the alamoammo booth and get surplus ammo at $5.50/20rds or $90/440rd tin

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Howdy Travis!

If you can't wait that long, the Powderhorn at 410 between 90 and Marbach (inside the Loop) usually has 'em for about ~$105 with accessories!

But there are several vendors that carry them at the SAXET show so if you're willing to wait you'll have a better selection. Mel of General Firearms carries a decent selection, but Bruce Schluderman (I think that's his name) has a several racks of them on display. Bruce was the guy kind enough to lend us some table space at the first Austin SAXET show back in November 2010. I've bought a few guns from Bruce, he's a nice guy as is Mel (who has also parted me from my money on numerous occasions! ). Mark Chernushin carries some as well (he's usually in the same row as Mel) but usually he has more "exotic" Mosins. Outside of that, there are usually a few more dealers/sellers with them; but those are the main ones I can think of.

A 91/30 is not a particularly rare rifle so you shouldn't have problems finding on within your price range if not much cheaper. My first Mosin was $99 out the door and that was only a few years ago, they haven't really increased in price. There are also vendors online who sell them and if you are going to collect them, I would recommend an 03 FFL (C&R) as it is cheap and easy to do, and it will make collecting these rifles and other eligible firearms a lot easier as you can have them shipped directly to your door!

Lastly, if you do decide to go to the SAXET show, we usually meet up at the IHOP and hour before (so 8am) for breakfast if you want to meet up with some folks on this forum. If you would like some help in finding a nice Mosin I would be glad to assist, I do have a 'small' collection and know a bit about them!

Cheers! M2

p.s. Forgot to add, if you need any info on Mosins, this is the best website on them: 7.62x54r.net

And if you have any questions, the forum on there is a great source of expertise! 7.62x54r.net Forums

Ag0914

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    CS
    Hey man you know you can get these online for a bit cheaper than $150 right? I got a hexagonal Tula 1936 from AIMSurplus not too very long ago and it's an absolute beaut.

A round receiver would be $80 + $13 shipping + FFL fee (+ optional $10 Pick of 5 fee if you want to go that route. I did and specified a Tula and it worked out great) so that's about $120 or so.

Top Bottom