• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KBMiii

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2014
    San Antonio
    Building my first AR15, and I am thinking of putting this on. This will be my first time using an LPVO and want something that will not break the bank in case I realize I’m not an LPVO guy.
    Do it or keep Looking around?

Ken

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    If you already have the optic, try it out. If you don’t have one yet, I’d look at Primary Arms or Vortex since you’ll be more likely to be able to sell/trade one of those brands off easier than a new brand with a wide range of product quality reviews.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I bought the Monstrum 1-6x24 FFP on sale several years ago... Biggest issue I see with it is how far from 1x it is; more like 1.5x. My intention being to use it like a RD at 1X makes it suck, probably worse than if the same was true for an SFP.

Listen to these guys and pass on the Monstrum.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I've never heard of Monstrum, but I like Burris. I have an older model XTR II 1-8 made in Japan. It's been a solid optic, although it is heavy. Definitely get something name brand if for no other reason than it will have a better resale value if you decide to do something else.

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I do like my Burris lpvo’s. I have 2 RT-6s and a RT-8 that I am satisfied with, and have recommended to others.
    That being said, don’t sleep on Athlon Optics. They make some really nice glass for the money. If you shop around, you can find the Argos BTR gen2 1-8x24 for around $350.
    I do not own an Argos, but have used some of there higher end stuff that is absolutely fabulous.

Top Bottom