Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I try to be respectful. I try to be as fair as possible, maybe even to a fault at times. All I ask is for mutual respect.

I firmly believe that PRIVATE messages are meant to be PRIVATE or they would be posted publicly. I also believe that keeping those things private is a sign of mutual respect.

There is nothing in that PM that I feel any need to hide, but I'm extremely disappointed in the manner in which you are choosing to deal with this situation.

I'm sorry we couldn't discuss it like adults and you have such mistrust of our judgement.

I'll respectfully ask that you stop poking at this now, I'm no longer in the mood to explain myself. Something I've done many times with members and not minded at all, and they have in return shown me at least a minimum respect that adults would share. I have appreciated that and I guess taken it for granted.

You don't have to believe Bones was being an ass and deserved the 2 weeks he got. You should believe that if I permabanned a good friend (twice) because he couldn't move on after a temporary ban that someone else starting shit over getting a slap on the wrist will get banned as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mexican_Hippie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I'll just say that this doesn't seem right. Now we're enforcing that if a story is told, only one side gets told.

I'm not exactly what anyone I know would call even remotely overbearing. I give people way too much latitude if anything. I've been PMed more times for cutting people slack and being too easy than for any other reason - FYI.

I tried to be nice and handle it privately with him via PMs and he chose to be an ass.

There's nothing to hide, but frankly, I don't need your validation either. I did the right thing.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Not aimed at any particular mod: the problem isn't the ban - the problem is that a member who was banned attempted to discuss it in this thread in a way that didn't appear to be disrespectful... and got banned. Outside of personally-delivered corrective action, that sort of moderation behavior doesn't do anything to let the rest of us know what was actually wrong, prohibited, against TOS, etc.

It's not any of you as moderators, personally, and it's not about you not having to enforce rules. It's about enforcing rules that to those of us not in the moderator discussions aren't at all visible, much less transparent.

What, specifically, was so egregious about Bones trying to figure out how to ask questions in this thread, publicly, in the manner the rest of us saw? If that's a problem, I'd vote we just delete the thread in its entirety since it apparently doesn't serve the purpose of fostering a discussion.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Transparency? What do we think this forum is, the Obama Administration? Haha!

He obviously was attempting to be facetious.

I still can't believe mods get PMs about all this. Just don't understand. While many of us really care and are involved here, others are here to learn, others to argue and troll.

Mods do what they do. They don't have to explain themselves. It'd be nice if they did to an extent to quell the gossip, somewhat, but the way people act I doubt it'd make a difference... Sheesh!

Why evrywon so cerealously?

Do we need a safe space sub forum?

Until we learn to respect each other, regardless of view point, this will happen from time to time.

Sent from some where out there.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    Bones bumped this thread to poke the bear, plain and simple.

If you have been paying attention you would see it isn't the first time he has acted that way. He could never walk away from an arguement.

The common theme in many of the recent permabans seems to be rehashing the reason for their first ban. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    You should believe that if I permabanned a good friend (twice) because he couldn't move on after a temporary ban that someone else starting shit over getting a slap on the wrist will get banned as well.

Is being a moderator and banning good friends really worth losing ( or at least straining) a good friendship over?

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Is being a moderator and banning good friends really worth losing ( or at least straining) a good friendship over?

If moderators treated people differently based on friendships (or lack thereof) the forum would be pretty messed up.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Not the question. Is it worth it? Seriously. We are not talking about casual acquaintances, but as you described them, good friends.

Personally, I would give up being a moderator before screwing with a friendship over stupid internet bullshit. But then again, I value my friends above most of my blood relatives. My friends are the family I chose.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's a much deeper subject than I care to delve in to on the open forum, and one I prefer to have with good friends more than internet acquaintances.

I am at peace with it. Being a soulless ginger makes it much easier.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I need to practice getting off the X under cover of a tactical smoke screen.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    That's a much deeper subject than I care to delve in to on the open forum, and one I prefer to have with good friends more than internet acquaintances.

I am at peace with it. Being a soulless ginger makes it much easier.

Fair enough. You did bring the subject up on more than one occasion, hence the question.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom