Millennials and Gen Z are about to really be stressed - Adderall is running short

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hullhullhull

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2022
    El Paso
    Thank you! I am well known for my extremely witty remarks, especially when it is in response to foolish people. (Please note EXTREME droll humor is intended with this response. Vocal tones are limited with the written word, and with the limited perceptions of those of low intellect.!)
    Okay

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Is there something in the air lately?

lol............
    Seems like it, sometimes.

As for the titular subject matter, I have some concerns. People are addicted to that stuff and if their supply is cut off (which may happen if your local area has an unfortunate confluence of problems) then their behavior can be a tad unpredictable and/or destructive, to themselves or others.

Maybe it's just a shortage and no one will really suffer. But maybe it's something more. I know that my most critical diabetes medicine is not being manufactured right now and all supplies are gone. My doctors have prescribed a replacement but they're having to exceed the normal maximum dosage and I anticipate insurance trouble in the future. The suppliers say the factory should be producing again in a month or so. That doesn't instill confidence in the supply chain.

If that can happen with my stuff it can happen with anything, I suppose.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm

As for the titular subject matter, I have some concerns. People are addicted to that stuff and if their supply is cut off (which may happen if your local area has an unfortunate confluence of problems) then their behavior can be a tad unpredictable and/or destructive, to themselves or others.

Maybe it's just a shortage and no one will really suffer. But maybe it's something more. I know that my most critical diabetes medicine is not being manufactured right now and all supplies are gone. My doctors have prescribed a replacement but they're having to exceed the normal maximum dosage and I anticipate insurance trouble in the future. The suppliers say the factory should be producing again in a month or so. That doesn't instill confidence in the supply chain.

Which med is that.

ETA never mind, figured it out.

In other news 2 victoza generics are hitting the market. One in 23 and one in 24.

I hope the savings are substantial as I'm paying almost 300 dollars of the 1100 a month in the donut hole.

Last edited:

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas

It is concerning that most pharmaceuticals are produced in other Countries than the U.S.....

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Which med is that.

Adderall and/or Ritalin. The real bad part about is many psychotherapists will use one of those two stimulants to balance out anti-psychotics, especially those used to treat schizophrenia. The problem is Adderall usage has to be closely controlled to prevent a psychotic break.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Adderall and/or Ritalin. The real bad part about is many psychotherapists will use one of those two stimulants to balance out anti-psychotics, especially those used to treat schizophrenia. The problem is Adderall usage has to be closely controlled to prevent a psychotic break.
    I was referring to the med @benenglish was mentioning.

2ManyGuns

Revolver's, get one, shoot the snot out of it!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Somewhere in Texas!
    I feel that I am fortunate in that the only medicines I need at this time are beer and whiskey, maybe some scotch and cigars. I have placed myself on a self-imposed diet, changed some eating habits and have lost 30 pounds.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I hope the savings are substantial as I'm paying almost 300 dollars of the 1100 a month in the donut hole.
    Along those lines, I'll put this out there for anyone who might want to explore options.

Alto Pharmacy, for reasons I don't understand but that make me very happy, has been able to cut my costs on expensive meds to a remarkable degree. I have one medicine that's $1,375/month if I pay for it, $375/month if I get it through CVS and they do their best to get me every discount they can find, and either $25 or $0 per month through Alto.

Obviously, I'm not on Medicare and still using my group insurance from when I was working so that has to be taken into account.

Another thing - They're pretty darn good about talking, too. If you install their app and send them a message in it, you tend to get a response. I've actually been getting good, clear responses from real people who take the time to understand what I'm asking. That's pretty refreshing these days.

O.S.O.K. 1961

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2018
    SATX Northwest Quadrant
    I did not read all of the preceding posts - just a few here and there. Apparently this topic has stirred some controversy.

I will just say a few things that come to mind about this... 1) as already pointed out, people that are addicted to Adderall will of course not do well if they stop using it abruptly. Not as bad as many other drugs but they will be much more likely to fly off the handle emotionally and make very poor decisions and be somewhat paranoid - as a minimum. Adderall as I understand it is a close chemical relation to methamphetamine, just as Ritalin is a kissing cousin to cocaine.

2) I didn't know anything about Adderall until my son started using it several years back. His wife had a prescription and her mother would bring it back from Mexico... so there was a ready supply. When I asked him about it, he described it as being "great for helping me to focus". The Adderall messed both him and his then wife up to the point that they ended up getting a divorce after only a year of marriage. This was actually a very good thing for my son as he stopped the Adderall - being smart enough to know it was hurting him and there was no ready source so that helped. He was extremely irritable and combative for several weeks and even months after he quit. He had lost a lot of weight ( he is thin/rangy as it is ) and he started to have digestive issues, couldn't sleep and even had some hair loss. This crap took some time to get past - he is fine now I am happy to say, healthy again and happily married and they recently had my first grand daughter. He was able to maintain is good job through all of this which really helped - a testament to his strong character. The thing is the Adderall was prescribed by a Doctor for my then DIL. It is being prescribed a lot... I would suspect that there are lucrative kick-backs on this drug for the physician, which is a damned crime IMHO. That and run-away malpractice law suits is the root of the problem with health care in this country - again IMHO.

Bottom line is if you have a young person in your family that is taking this junk - get them to stop ASAP. It would be best to consult with the Doctor as they do this of course.

And of course, be aware and on alert for individuals who are going through the withdrawal - best to give them room if you come across them if possible. But they will not be especially rational... so that may prove hard depending on the individual.

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    It is concerning that most pharmaceuticals are produced in other Countries than the U.S.....
    India and China I believe are the largest suppliers of the raw materials. That is very concerning. China is no friend to the US

Dumpnpump

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2020
    Adderol, isn't the stuff they whack Joe OBiden out on when he has to be lucid enough to talk to the press and the cameras. It also dilates the eyes causing the need for dark glasses.

edwardmrichards

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2022
    Colleyville, Texas
    I did not read all of the preceding posts - just a few here and there. Apparently this topic has stirred some controversy.

I will just say a few things that come to mind about this... 1) as already pointed out, people that are addicted to Adderall will of course not do well if they stop using it abruptly. Not as bad as many other drugs but they will be much more likely to fly off the handle emotionally and make very poor decisions and be somewhat paranoid - as a minimum. Adderall as I understand it is a close chemical relation to methamphetamine, just as Ritalin is a kissing cousin to cocaine.

2) I didn't know anything about Adderall until my son started using it several years back. His wife had a prescription and her mother would bring it back from Mexico... so there was a ready supply. When I asked him about it, he described it as being "great for helping me to focus". The Adderall messed both him and his then wife up to the point that they ended up getting a divorce after only a year of marriage. This was actually a very good thing for my son as he stopped the Adderall - being smart enough to know it was hurting him and there was no ready source so that helped. He was extremely irritable and combative for several weeks and even months after he quit. He had lost a lot of weight ( he is thin/rangy as it is ) and he started to have digestive issues, couldn't sleep and even had some hair loss. This crap took some time to get past - he is fine now I am happy to say, healthy again and happily married and they recently had my first grand daughter. He was able to maintain is good job through all of this which really helped - a testament to his strong character. The thing is the Adderall was prescribed by a Doctor for my then DIL. It is being prescribed a lot... I would suspect that there are lucrative kick-backs on this drug for the physician, which is a damned crime IMHO. That and run-away malpractice law suits is the root of the problem with health care in this country - again IMHO.

Bottom line is if you have a young person in your family that is taking this junk - get them to stop ASAP. It would be best to consult with the Doctor as they do this of course.

And of course, be aware and on alert for individuals who are going through the withdrawal - best to give them room if you come across them if possible. But they will not be especially rational... so that may prove hard depending on the individual.
    Sad, but good info. Thanks.

Top Bottom