• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    Yes they can still run if they choose to do so. However, charity and memorial rucking has gotten pretty big with the military in the last several years, so this seems like a pretty big let-down by the marathon commission.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yes they can still run if they choose to do so. However, charity and memorial rucking has gotten pretty big with the military in the last several years, so this seems like a pretty big let-down by the marathon commission.

Oh, I agree, it's insane. And if they are concerned that the military guys are going to hide pressure cookers in their rucks...this is a civilian event, inspect their rucks, put a special tag on them or whatever. Figure it out and appreciate and respect the military and that they are there.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    They are worried a terrorist that is dressed in camo will infiltrate the squad and then detonate an IED.

It's a plausible threat.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They are worried a terrorist that is dressed in camo will infiltrate the squad and then detonate an IED.

It's a plausible threat.

Sure. Should they not let amputees participate? Could have a wooden leg bomb? Chesty women? Nope. Boob bomb threat. Muslim women with head coverings? Nope. And on and on. Everything is a potential threat and can be used as an excuse to exclude some group.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    But the Boston Marathon bombing was carried out with backpacks and this rule isn't specifically targeting the military but anyone who want to run the marathon with a pack.

There is no reason the military should receive special treatment, and if servicemembers want to run/march the marathon, they can still do so without their packs.

If anything, 25 years in the military taught me that rules are meant to be followed...

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    So we should be suspect to all members because of one whack job? So you approve of tsa cavity searching grandma?

Boy you sure jumped out a with stretch with the grandma statement. Get real. This isn't the same as I have never seen grandma in a military uniform.
    What I am saying is you should be suspect of any military member that is a Muslim. Are they all bad? I don't honestly know the answer to that. What I can say is that I would never personally turn my back to one that had a weapon in his/her possesion and I would never trust one no matter how trust worthy the seemed.
    If there is anyone that doesn't understand that then I don't know what to tell you.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    After serving in the military, I don't understand one bit of that garbage.

Iamntxhunter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2014
    After serving in the military, I don't understand one bit of that garbage.

Thats fine as you are entitled to your belief and if you think it is garbage thats your right to think that.
    As far as serving in the military, that has nothing to do with the fact that our military has been infiltrated by muslims that certainly don't show their allegiance to this country. What is that percentage. I don't know and I don't care.

Their belief system sets them apart fron me and they do not look at America and hold it with the same reverence that I do.

Anyone who fails to see that isn't looking at the big picture. Does that put some of them in a position that may be undeserving? Probably. If they don't understand the reasoning for that then that is their problem not mine.

If you don't understand the Muslim belief system by now you are not educating youself and you are failing to face reality.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    But the Boston Marathon bombing was carried out with backpacks and this rule isn't specifically targeting the military but anyone who want to run the marathon with a pack.

There is no reason the military should receive special treatment, and if servicemembers want to run/march the marathon, they can still do so without their packs.

If anything, 25 years in the military taught me that rules are meant to be followed...

Max, those 25 years only taught you to act without thinking.

Not too many years ago, I was just a dumb ass grunt on a C-5A on a special mission flight from Ramstein to Dover. We had an inflight depressurization emergency. The pilot in command wanted to divert to Greenland. The Load Master told the pilot to give him a minute. The Load Master grabbed me by the scruff of my neck (I was the only non-crew member aboard) and he told me to pour water from a five gallon can onto a wool blanket the Load Master had packed around the door seal with his K-Bar knife. The water soaked the blanket, froze at 35,000 feet, and sealed the pressure leak.

It was a USAFR crew, by the way. Regs, Schmegs.

George Patton famously observed that for every regulation, there is an exception.

Military Ruck Sacks are meant to carry heavy loads, the members of the march are part of a cohesive unit, and by virtue of their cohesiveness, they would know if an imposter is in their midst.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Sure. Should they not let amputees participate? Could have a wooden leg bomb? Chesty women? Nope. Boob bomb threat. Muslim women with head coverings? Nope. And on and on. Everything is a potential threat and can be used as an excuse to exclude some group.

There is a great deal of difference between a few pounds of HE and say 65-100 pounds in a large pack.
    We are mitigating threats. Not trying to Eliminate them.

Top Bottom