• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Roger, in another thread, you mentioned your friend's "super special Mexican T-bone steaks." Care to share the recipe?
    Gun Zone Deals

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    Sure! I'll be glad to! I posted this recipe in the Wolfgang Puck Oven thread. It's post #187.

Bonnie is a wonderful cook and she comes up with amazing creations! This one is a new one that she sprung on me. Normally, I'm not an onion and pepper type but this is wonderful! It can be adapted to steak or chicken breasts equally well. Both are great but I'm partial to the steak version. I insisted that my steak be medium rare so that's why she was so careful to check the temps and pull by steak out of the oven so she could continue "burning" hers.

Here's a copy/paste from Bonnie's entry in post #187.

Hi, guys. Well here goes, Bonnie's "Tampaquena Steaks. Pressurized puck oven @450 degrees, roast,middle rack of oven in a grilling pan at 5 minute intervals = 15 minutes for 1.5 lbs. of steaks for medium rare steaks for two.

Check steaks every 5 mins. for an internal temp of 145 degrees. Sprinkle steaks with Fiesta Extra Fancy Texas Style Steak Seasoning on both sides.

Other ingredients needed:1 lg. purple onion-peeled and cut in half.Cut halves in slices. 1 small can of long green chiles,drained and sliced lengthwise. 2 tblspoons of sunflower oil in frying pan. Sprinkle same steak seasoning over purple onions and chilies before sauteing in oil. saute until very tender. Grate half a pound of Monterey jack cheese.

After steaks are cooked, layer onions and chiles over steaks followed with jack cheese. Layer 2 times over steaks. Melt cheese on steaks in puck oven while it is cooling off. Add baked potatoes and ENJOY!!!!!

BONNIE JEAN

Enjoy!

Flash

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks Roger, much appreciated. When I asked, I didn't realize it was a Puck recipe...but I should have known! :) I'm still going to try to adapt it to a conventional oven, so thanks again.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Thanks Roger, much appreciated. When I asked, I didn't realize it was a Puck recipe...but I should have known! :) I'm still going to try to adapt it to a conventional oven, so thanks again.

Should be no problem for a coonass..
    Photos, or it didn't happen.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I noticed that the members were not participating much any more, so I gave the Puck thread a rest. I'm still using the oven for every evening meal and since I love corn bread, I keep cooking that for my breakfast omelets.

I hope you guys enjoy Bonnie's creation. It really tastes great and it's very filling. With the chicken breast version, it's hard to finish a whole helping.

Flash

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I noticed that the members were not participating much any more, so I gave the Puck thread a rest.

With summer, eat a lighter meal in the evening - more soups and salad.
    Did puck some chicken thighs last night, though.
    Hard to beat, as usual.
    Definitely going to try both versions of the above.

ROGER4314

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    On the phone today, Bonnie asked if anyone had tried the recipe. Let us know if you like it!

Last night, I Pucked a load of gigantic chicken thighs breaded with Italian Seasoned Shake & Bake type coating. It was terrific and there's plenty of "left overs."

Turkey wings are up next..............but not gonna hijack the thread.

Flash

Top Bottom