• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Corpus Christi, TX | KRISTV.com | - Medina doing damage control after 9/11 remarks

HOUSTON (AP) Republican gubernatorial candidate Debra Medina is continuing to backpedal from remarks that she has questions whether the U.S. government was involved in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.
    Medina said Friday she blames the stumble and subsequent firestorm on a "coordinated attack" from the campaigns of her GOP rivals, Gov. Rick Perry and Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison.
    In response to a question Thursday from syndicated talk show host Glenn Beck, Medina said there were "some very good arguments" raised that the U.S. was involved in the attacks.
    She later released a statement changing her stance. Perry spokesman Mark Miner says her accusation isn't true. Hutchison campaign spokeswoman Jennifer Baker didn't immediately return a call.

Freedom1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2009
    Saint Louis
    And here I like her. Any one who drinks the 9/11 koolaid (IMHO) has issues. Jessy Ventura any one?
    Sad turn of events it is. Cause she sounded like a good possibility. I guess you just never know.

Bob Loblaw

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Buda, Tx
    It's no stranger than believing Jesus performed miracles. If she reduced property taxes and removed current gun restrictions, I wouldn't care if she believed Jesus flew both planes under orders of GWB. Sadly, we're gonna vote for who we'd rather have a beer with, I'd vote for whoever makes it possible for me to afford more beer, or open more bars.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Even before the recent 9/11 remarks, I haven't been sold on Medina and I'm not convinced she can really do much of what she promises. I think she's repeating the Tea Party's anti-establishment talking points without any real power to back it up. The Texas Constitution limits the power of the Governor and it's really the Lieutenant Governor and the legislative leadership that call the shots. The Governor has the line item veto and the power to make appointments to statewide offices, and of course can do much to influence the direction of legislative debate, but cannot by themselves enact legislation. Secure borders, repeal of the property tax system, strong support of gun rights, and state sovereignty are things I strongly support, and she's saying all the right things (except for the ridiculous 9/11 comment), but ultimately it's up to others to make those things happen and put the bills on her desk to sign.

I think at most she'll be a spoiler - Ross Perot in a skirt.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    It's no stranger than believing Jesus performed miracles.

Sure it is. We all freaking saw the evidence to the contrary. This happened in our own time, and we all know people who have been affected, or we at least know of people who have been.

Faith has no place in politics. For her to place faith in something as stupid as the truther lies is very troubling. It makes me wonder what other very well-documented things she'll be choosing to disbelieve next - the Holocaust? Will she buy into global warming? What other faith-based BS is out there that she, with her foolish, gullible credulity will buy into? Since she's outed herself as a certain truther, she scares the shit out of me, and the farther I can keep her from any position of power, the better.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    her remarks were not about being inline with "truther's". it was about the abilty, and need to question our government. she has the same opinion as Ron Paul on the subject. personally, considering whats doing on today. Ron Paul was right

my support will continue with the only canidate that talks about the consititution, and following it.

and be advised Beck is a Perry supporter. so much for being for the consititutional canidates. thanks Glen.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    her remarks were not about being inline with "truther's". it was about the abilty, and need to question our government. she has the same opinion as Ron Paul on the subject. personally, considering whats doing on today. Ron Paul was right
    There's nothing wrong with what she said about the right to question government. The problem I have with it is that she wasn't unequivocal enough in distancing herself from that 9/11 theory when the subject came up. Any time a politician has to 'clarify' their remarks later, it usually means that they meant what they said (or didn't say) the first time. Then they realize they stepped in it and have to do damage control, such as Obama's comments regarding the Cambridge officer that arrested Obama's friend.

I don't put much faith in what a politician says in a campaign - they all talk a good game and tell people what they want to hear. Even if they honestly believe what they promise, they'll soon find out how hard it is to get things done in higher government, where even the best of intentions get ignored by others or have to be bargained for.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    Ms. Medina's chance in the oncoming election has about the same chance as a snowball in hell, but assuridly she is a new face in politics, a conservative, and pro gun...I would urge her to continue her desire to enter Texas politics but at the Legislature level so that we can see what she is made of and that she may prove herself worthy to govern us in the future. Yes the media will cut her to pieces like they do all conservatives but is she wants to get in there, I'm all for her....

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Ms. Medina's chance in the oncoming election has about the same chance as a snowball in hell, but assuridly she is a new face in politics, a conservative, and pro gun...I would urge her to continue her desire to enter Texas politics but at the Legislature level so that we can see what she is made of and that she may prove herself worthy to govern us in the future. Yes the media will cut her to pieces like they do all conservatives but is she wants to get in there, I'm all for her....

I will agree with that. I said in another post somewhere, that she has some good ideas and I want to like her for many of her ideas and her support of the constitution , but IME she is not ready to be Governor of a state the size of Texas. She does have the support of Alex Jones and he has a following but he for sure is a truther, so that makes one wonder given the remarks on BG show.

Alex Jones is trying to build listeners so I can understand being over the top. But I don't buy what he is selling, and I'm afraid Madena got caught up in that because he was/is beating the drum for her and she didn't want to piss him off. I fail to understand how any reasonable thinking person could even for a minute consider such a theory. Even our good friend Bill Clinton thinks it's dumb. I'm no fan of Clinton, but good God, that's how I would have liked Madena to respond

YouTube - (1/31/08) Bill Clinton Confronts a "911 Truther"

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    her remarks were not about being inline with "truther's". it was about the abilty, and need to question our government. she has the same opinion as Ron Paul on the subject. personally, considering whats doing on today. Ron Paul was right.

And Ron Paul had the right answer to this "truther" question:

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    And if Medina answered that way, there would be no discussion at this point. But she didn't.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There's nothing wrong with what she said about the right to question government. The problem I have with it is that she wasn't unequivocal enough in distancing herself from that 9/11 theory when the subject came up. Any time a politician has to 'clarify' their remarks later, it usually means that they meant what they said (or didn't say) the first time. Then they realize they stepped in it and have to do damage control, such as Obama's comments regarding the Cambridge officer that arrested Obama's friend.

I don't put much faith in what a politician says in a campaign - they all talk a good game and tell people what they want to hear. Even if they honestly believe what they promise, they'll soon find out how hard it is to get things done in higher government, where even the best of intentions get ignored by others or have to be bargained for.

What worries me is what she failed to say as part of her "damage control" statement. Let's see who else spotted it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jakeps
    Top Bottom