• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Saw one at wally world for $367. Is that an ok price? Im basically looking for a basic 336 with a sling. If I can find one used, even better.

Furyataurus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Helotes,TX
    That most likely has the "Birchwood" stock. Mine has the "Walnut" stock and was about $450 out the door at Sportsmans warehouse :(. That's if you care what kind of stock you want of course.... All in all, good price.

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Academy usually has them for $379 for the plain janes. so $367 is money saved to put toward ammo. $367 is the best I've seen for a new one. I'm planning on getting one, but other stuff keeps jumping into the safe before i get the chance to grab one.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    My problem is I have other projects that my money is going to. I finally bought all that i need for reloading, minus the components. So thats out of my way.

ForneyRider

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2008
    Forney, TX
    I picked up a used 336W with Bushnell 3-9x40 scope for $350 last year in excellent condition with 4 bullets in sling.

The 336W came with sling, scope mount, gold plated trigger and a few other things for $350 new.

Every once in a while you can get a new one on sale with scope for 350-400.

It shoots great, with Hornady 160gr FTX handloads, it is as accurate as most bolt action hunting rifles.

Pocketfisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    If it were me, I'd be looking for a used one, and I see plenty at every gun show I go to. The older one will have no funky cross bolt safety, better wood, and a non micro groove barrel if you look for one. I see them running $275-350 or there abouts.

hangtree

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    South Texas
    Last October I bought a 1948 336RC for $290.00 and it's smooth as butter. Since then I have bought a new 1894C (357mag) and a new 1894SS (44Mag). The older 1948 rifle has a much smoother action than the newer ones. Perhaps I still need to break in the newer ones more as I haven't shot them as much.

One note,
    Those lever guns can be a slippery slope.

Yes I think that price for a new one is okay. Good luck and enjoy!

CJS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Katy
    If it were me, I'd be looking for a used one, and I see plenty at every gun show I go to. The older one will have no funky cross bolt safety, better wood, and a non micro groove barrel if you look for one. I see them running $275-350 or there abouts.

+1 on that. You can usually find a used one that was shot less than 100 rounds, put up, and only taken out to be sold.

Fisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    That is probably not a bad price these days, though as mentioned you can often find decent 30-30s around used. Maybe check some gun shops and pawn shops or just go ahead and buy new, if you prefer.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I always see 336s for sale at gun shows and people bring them in for us to sell from time to time at work. I'd look around for a used one. If you decide to buy, I'd buy from Academy's. They at least are a bit more pro-gun of a company, and they are local (out of Katy, TX).

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Can't go wrong on a Marlin. The advice of looking around and buying a used one is good. I've sent back four 336's to Marlin for rebuild and refinish and they came back like new (actually better, since there was no cross-bolt safety). I'd prefer an older one.
    Bob

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Dick's located out in Pfulgerville has a whole assortment of 336's and even one for the same price as the others equipped with a scope and rings already mounted... If I didn't already have my Mossberg I'd pick that one up probably... Thought I'd pass on the deal to others...

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I liked having the micro grove barrel on the one I had it shot great. I'll be getting another one soon.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    zw150202
    Top Bottom